Activate smart compile/run in JBuilder 8 IDE?

2004-04-14 04:51:56 PM
jbuilder10
I have a JBuilder8 web project that includes a web module (all JSP's) and struts code.
Each time I 'make' the project the IDE appears to recompile everything. And then if I run the web module 'index.html' page it re-compiles it all over again.
Is there a way to activate some form of smart 'make' that only recompiles changed source files?

Re:Activate smart compile/run in JBuilder 8 IDE?

The "make" should recompile changed files only, though JBuilder isn't always
good about it, especially where archives of any type are involved. To
simplify things, go to "Run configurations..." and set the "Build target" to
"None"; that will prevent JBuilder from remaking your project every time you
run it.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"davout" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I have a JBuilder8 web project that includes a web module (all JSP's) and
struts code.

Each time I 'make' the project the IDE appears to recompile everything.
And then if I run the web module 'index.html' page it re-compiles it all
over again.

Is there a way to activate some form of smart 'make' that only recompiles
changed source files?

Re:Activate smart compile/run in JBuilder 8 IDE?

Thanks... that handles the run' part.
Are there any settings I can to check to stop the 'make' re-compiling everything?

news:407ced9c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I have a JBuilder8 web project that includes a web module (all JSP's) and
struts code.

>Each time I 'make' the project the IDE appears to recompile everything.
And then if I run the web module 'index.html' page it re-compiles it all
over again.

>Is there a way to activate some form of smart 'make' that only recompiles
changed source files?

{smallsort}