OneTouchExpandable's inconsistent behaviour

2007-06-17 08:36:24 PM
jbuilder1
I am using JBuilder 2006. Developed an app and have JSplitPane with
OneTouchExapandable set to true. Works fine in WIndows and in Linux (RedHat)
the little arrows for one touch expandable don't even show up. Is it a known
issue or there is something I am not setting?.
Regards
Arun

Re:OneTouchExpandable's inconsistent behaviour

Arun Bommannavar wrote:
I am using JBuilder 2006. Developed an app and have JSplitPane with
OneTouchExapandable set to true. Works fine in WIndows and in Linux (RedHat)
the little arrows for one touch expandable don't even show up. Is it a known
issue or there is something I am not setting?.

Regards
Arun

I poked around on Google, and one of the things I read indicated that
there might be a problem with different L&F on Linux. Which L&F are you
using? Metal?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:OneTouchExpandable's inconsistent behaviour

I am doing the following:
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(
UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
This is generated by the JBuilder IDE in the Application class before
instantiating the Frame.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Arun Bommannavar wrote:
>>I am using JBuilder 2006. Developed an app and have JSplitPane with
>>OneTouchExapandable set to true. Works fine in WIndows and in Linux
>>(RedHat) the little arrows for one touch expandable don't even show up.
>>Is it a known issue or there is something I am not setting?.
>>
>>Regards
>>Arun
>I poked around on Google, and one of the things I read indicated that
>there might be a problem with different L&F on Linux. Which L&F are you
>using? Metal?
>
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Lori Olson [TeamB]
I don't know what the default look and feel is on Java on RedHat. Last
time I used it on Linux, it was still Motif, which sucks. If it's using
the Motif look and feel, you can probably improve it by switching to the
GTK look and feel. That might even fix your problem.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:OneTouchExpandable's inconsistent behaviour

I am using JBuilder 2006, so I suppose I am limited to JDK1.5.0_03-b07. Did
GTK get added in the later version? Because, all I can see is
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows
javax.swing.plaf.metal
Regards
Arun

Arun Bommannavar wrote:
I am using JBuilder 2006, so I suppose I am limited to JDK1.5.0_03-b07. Did
GTK get added in the later version? Because, all I can see is

com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows
javax.swing.plaf.metal

Regards
Arun

According to this:
www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-mer05273/
It's been there since 1.4.2.
You should be able to see the installed L&F's, by calling:
java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/UIManager.html()
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]