As good as Open Source

2006-09-06 09:02:07 PM
jbuilder22
Hi,
I have a prospective client who needs to develop a package with a tool that
is Open Source.
If I develop the code with the Help of JBuilder can the same be compiled
with Core Java too?
I am a Delphi Programer, and I would prefer moving onto JBuilder (Drag Drop)
rather than Eclipse (Editor) etc.
regards
Allan

Re:As good as Open Source

You can use JBuilder and then deliver project with ant build script.
This way your client will be able to compile from command line.
Doychin

Allan Fernandes wrote:

I have a prospective client who needs to develop a package with a tool that
is Open Source.
If I develop the code with the Help of JBuilder can the same be compiled
with Core Java too?

I am a Delphi Programer, and I would prefer moving onto JBuilder (Drag Drop)
rather than Eclipse (Editor) etc.

regards
Allan

From what I've seen on the web, there are GUI builder plugins for Eclipse -- if that's what you are talking about.
And JBuilder code is regular Java. If you've got all the jars in the right place, should be no problem compiling it without JBuilder.

{smallsort}

Re:As good as Open Source

Allan Fernandes wrote:

I have a prospective client who needs to develop a package with a tool that
is Open Source.
If I develop the code with the Help of JBuilder can the same be compiled
with Core Java too?

I am a Delphi Programer, and I would prefer moving onto JBuilder (Drag Drop)
rather than Eclipse (Editor) etc.

regards
Allan

NetBeans 5.5 actually has an import wizard for JBuilder projects