Build warning: Spaces in the temporary directory path may cause WebLogic APPC utility to produce fatal compile errors.

2004-05-11 12:15:39 AM
jbuilder17
Hi,
I got the following message when I chose weblogic APPC compiler in JBuilderX under windows XP environment.
'Spaces in the temporary directory path may cause WebLogic APPC utility to produce fatal compile errors.'
But everything is working fine with windows NT.
Is there anyone know how to setup temporary directory, and where is the default one?
Thanks,
Ying

Re:Build warning: Spaces in the temporary directory path may cause WebLogic APPC utility to produce fatal compile errors.

Ying wrote:

I got the following message when I chose weblogic APPC compiler in
JBuilderX under windows XP environment.

'Spaces in the temporary directory path may cause WebLogic APPC
utility to produce fatal compile errors.'

But everything is working fine with windows NT.

Is there anyone know how to setup temporary directory, and where is
the default one?

Thanks, Ying
There is an environment variable "TEMP" on your system, and it is
pointing to a directory that is a part of your "profile" somewhere under
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>, so that is the problem.
You need to change the "TEMP" environment variable to point to a
directory like C:\Temp or C:\WINDOWS\TEMP so there are no spaces.
Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties" from the context
menu. Under the "Advanced" Tab, click on the "Environment Variables"
button. Select and edit the "TEMP" variable.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
There is an environment variable "TEMP" on your system, and it is
pointing to a directory that is a part of your "profile" somewhere under
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>, so that is the problem.
When I look at my TEMP envvar, I see it is set using the short names for
non-8dot3 names, e.g. TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\USERNM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP, which does
not include any spaces. So why am I still getting the error?

{smallsort}