Re: GUI jar tool ?

2003-08-29 06:40:20 AM
jbuilder21
JBuilder comes with an archive builder that works quite well.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Petar" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

Is ther an GUI tool (like win rar) to make jars. Please note that win rar
(or other GUI archivers) make rars of version 2 and greater, and these
rars
are not readable by java environment. rar version 1 is needed.

So finally : I wish to use GUI rather than the dos jar tool. Any hope for
me
?

Thanks.

Re:Re: GUI jar tool ?

Petar wrote:
Hello,

Is ther an GUI tool (like win rar) to make jars. Please note that win rar
(or other GUI archivers) make rars of version 2 and greater, and these rars
are not readable by java environment. rar version 1 is needed.

So finally : I wish to use GUI rather than the dos jar tool. Any hope for me
?

Thanks.

Jbuilder will build jars for you when you create archive nodes...
Otherwise, a jar is just a zip file with a different file extension, and
a specific contents (files/directories) layout. You can use anything
like WinZip, etc, to build one.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Re: GUI jar tool ?

If you want more than the usual JB archiver offers, take a look at this Java
GUI archiver tool:
www.davidcampaign.net/dczip.html
-Valentino
"Petar" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

Is ther an GUI tool (like win rar) to make jars. Please note that win rar
(or other GUI archivers) make rars of version 2 and greater, and these
rars
are not readable by java environment. rar version 1 is needed.

So finally : I wish to use GUI rather than the dos jar tool. Any hope for
me
?

Thanks.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: GUI jar tool ?

WinZip is fine.
- Alexey.
Petar wrote:
Hello,

Is ther an GUI tool (like win rar) to make jars. Please note that win rar
(or other GUI archivers) make rars of version 2 and greater, and these rars
are not readable by java environment. rar version 1 is needed.

So finally : I wish to use GUI rather than the dos jar tool. Any hope for me
?

Thanks.

--
[ trelony.cjb.net/ ] Alexey N. Solofnenko
[ www.inventigo.com/ ] Inventigo LLC