How to increase JDK heap size in IDE ?

2005-01-28 02:19:57 AM
jbuilder18
I want to raise the memory settings for the JDK when running my project from the IDE to -Xms256m -Xmx512m.
How can I do this ?
Thanks !!

Re:How to increase JDK heap size in IDE ?

Ethan Allen wrote:
I want to raise the memory settings for the JDK when running my project from the IDE to -Xms256m -Xmx512m.

How can I do this ?

Thanks !!
Look in the config files. They are well documented.
<jbuilder>\bin\jdk.config
<jbuilder>\bin\jbuilder.config
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Ethan Allen wrote:
>I want to raise the memory settings for the JDK when running my
>project from the IDE to -Xms256m -Xmx512m.

Look in the config files. They are well documented.

<jbuilder>\bin\jdk.config
<jbuilder>\bin\jbuilder.config
No, wait. Don't. :-) He says he wants to change the heap size for his
application, not for JBuilder itself.
Use the Run | Configurations... menu item. If you don't already have a
run configuration, create one. Then add those parameters in the "VM
parameters" field.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote:
No, wait. Don't. :-) He says he wants to change the heap size for his
application, not for JBuilder itself.

Use the Run | Configurations... menu item. If you don't already have a
run configuration, create one. Then add those parameters in the "VM
parameters" field.

Thanks for the catch there Gillmer. Somehow my eyes skipped over the
"project" in that sentence and latched onto the "IDE" part.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Ethan Allen wrote:

I want to raise the memory settings for the JDK when running my
project from the IDE to -Xms256m -Xmx512m.

When you create the runtime configuration for your project, there is a
"VM param" option for every application type except "i-mode
application". Put the memory settings there and your application will
run with the appropriate amount of memory.
If you want to change the memory settings for JBuilder itself, do as
Lori advised.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:How to increase JDK heap size in IDE ?

Thanks to both of you for the very quick response ! That did the trick.
Ethan