my PC has not classpath environment variable, is this the source of error?

2008-06-06 05:50:52 PM
jbuilder23
I guess in builder jar (or exe) in JBuilder X, JBuilder X will copy the
classpath to the jar, so I can run the old exe, but after I have reinstall
the PC, there is no classpath environment variable, so JBuilderX can't copy
the classpath information to the exe and so the exe built cannot be run, all
above is just my guess, is it the case?

Re:my PC has not classpath environment variable, is this the source of error?

kei wrote:
I guess in builder jar (or exe) in JBuilder X, JBuilder X will copy the
classpath to the jar, so I can run the old exe, but after I have reinstall
the PC, there is no classpath environment variable, so JBuilderX can't copy
the classpath information to the exe and so the exe built cannot be run, all
above is just my guess, is it the case?
To my knowledge, JBuilder never uses the system setting for Java
classpath. It's actually stated clearly (somewhere) in the Help
documentation.
I think Doychin has pointed you to the Help for which
settings you need to set in the .config file -- in
particular, addjars.
Did you read the Help on this topic and then systematically
go about implementing that? (You don't acknowledge above that
you made the effort. If you haven't, please do.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:my PC has not classpath environment variable, is this the source of error?

I have a break and will return to office on 11 jun, 2008, I will check the
help documentation after return office and see if that help.
thx!!
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
kei wrote:

>I guess in builder jar (or exe) in JBuilder X, JBuilder X will copy the
>classpath to the jar, so I can run the old exe, but after I have
>reinstall the PC, there is no classpath environment variable, so
>JBuilderX can't copy the classpath information to the exe and so the exe
>built cannot be run, all above is just my guess, is it the case?

To my knowledge, JBuilder never uses the system setting for Java
classpath. It's actually stated clearly (somewhere) in the Help
documentation.

I think Doychin has pointed you to the Help for which
settings you need to set in the .config file -- in
particular, addjars.

Did you read the Help on this topic and then systematically
go about implementing that? (You don't acknowledge above that
you made the effort. If you haven't, please do.)

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:my PC has not classpath environment variable, is this the source of error?

I have read the help document and add path as following:
addpath ./src/JES_Account/JES_Main.java
mainclass JES_Account.JES_Main
because my JES_Main class in placed in that (. means current directory of
the .exe)
but there is still error message
D:\My Projects\FAS\project>jes_account
JES_Account/JES_Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: JES_Account.JES_Main
what is ther reason??
I am very sure that the jes_account.jar contain the class
JES_Account.JES_Main!!
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
???????:4849fc83$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
kei wrote:

>I guess in builder jar (or exe) in JBuilder X, JBuilder X will copy the
>classpath to the jar, so I can run the old exe, but after I have
>reinstall the PC, there is no classpath environment variable, so
>JBuilderX can't copy the classpath information to the exe and so the exe
>built cannot be run, all above is just my guess, is it the case?

To my knowledge, JBuilder never uses the system setting for Java
classpath. It's actually stated clearly (somewhere) in the Help
documentation.

I think Doychin has pointed you to the Help for which
settings you need to set in the .config file -- in
particular, addjars.

Did you read the Help on this topic and then systematically
go about implementing that? (You don't acknowledge above that
you made the effort. If you haven't, please do.)

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

Re:my PC has not classpath environment variable, is this the source of error?

using several addpath in jes_account.config
addpath ./src/JES_Account/JES_Main.java
addpath D:/My Projects/FAS/project/classes
addpath C:/JBuilderX/lib/dx.jar;
mainclass JES_Account.JES_Main
the exception message has changed some.
com/borland/jbcl/layo
ut/XYLayout
at JES_Account.fmLogon.<init>(fmLogon.java:41)
at JES_Account.fmMainFrame._$4286(fmMainFrame.java:201)
at JES_Account.fmMainFrame.<init>(fmMainFrame.java:184)
at JES_Account.JES_Main.<init>(JES_Main.java:41)
at JES_Account.JES_Main.<init>(JES_Main.java:30)
at JES_Account.JES_Main.main(JES_Main.java:139)
com.borland.jbcl.layout.XYLayout
... 6 more
it seems it can now search the jes_main class, but I doubt that how to
deploy the jes_account.exe to other client? why not something like
D:/My Projects/FAS/project/classes
C:/JBuilderX/lib/dx.jar;
cannot be found in my jar and need expliciit add it in jes_account.config?