Re: Where is "see the compiler error output for details"

2003-07-28 10:45:34 PM
jbuilder15
Fabian Wein wrote:
When I use the Tomcat 4.1 server I don't see the compile errors of my
jsp pages but get a
"Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details."

1) Where is this??
2) Can I enable the output via browser again?
I forgot: I don't compile the jsps before running.

Re:Re: Where is "see the compiler error output for details"

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Fabian Wein wrote:
Fabian Wein wrote:
>When I use the Tomcat 4.1 server I don't see the compile errors of
>my jsp pages but get a "Compile failed; see the compiler error
>output for details." 1) Where is this?? 2) Can I enable the output
>via browser again?

I forgot: I don't compile the jsps before running.
First, I think this question more properly belongs in the
"serlvets-jsp" newsgroup.
Second, I'm not sure where you are seeing this message.
Are you seeing it in the Message Pane when you actually
"Web Run" your Web app? And, is this message being generated
by JBuilder or Tomcat?
If it's Tomcat which is generating the message (and it's
showing up in a Web Run tab in the Message Pane), I suspect
that you'll have to set a higher level of debugging in
the "server8080.xml" file. See the newsgroup archives
for messages about this in the past (we have discussed
it quite often). Try the keywords:
server8080.xml debug level
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives: