Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

2005-05-18 07:39:38 AM
kylix0
tony wrote:
Listen...I just asked a question and I don't appreciate your little
comment, if you don't like being called a jag or a jerk stop making
such stupid posts. Now I know you have been banned from other
groups. I won't have any trouble filing a complaint...
by the way, i forget to tell you : i think i can survive banned from
Borland NG. Lately theres so much better places to interact with
another peoples. Borland NG are every day most restrictives to hide
developers discontent.
German.
P.S.: As ever, is only my opinion

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

I think there is some misunderstanding. The goal of FPC isn't to compete with Delphi/Kylix
but to fill the gaps Delphi/Kylix doesn't cover so object pascal can
stand against C, C++, C# etc.
Having a good commercial compiler and a good oss compiler is always nice
for a language.
Agree, but the "gap" could soon extend to Kylix too. If Borland isn't
updating even the compiler for Linux, it would be VERY nice if FPC could
fill this gap with 100% Kylix compatibility.
Some People (including me) like the CLX / Qt.
Andreas Hausladen released his Preview of Qt3Clx today:
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
And I'm fiddling around with a designer (very early stage) which could
help in building a little indepentend IDE some day.
www.theo.ch/kylix/desprev.png
All we'd need then is an up-to-date compiler.
Even if we'd still need to buy a K3 for (legally) using it, there'd be a
future for CLX which some of us would appreciate.

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

Agree, but the "gap" could soon extend to Kylix too. If Borland isn't
updating even the compiler for Linux, it would be VERY nice if FPC could
fill this gap with 100% Kylix compatibility.
Some People (including me) like the CLX / Qt.
This is exactly what the CrossFPC project is about. And as the results from
the project also will end up in FPC itself, and the compatibility unit bindings
also will be usually with the CrossFPC Delphi plugin, this also will be
usuable for Linux-only-guys like you.
And I'm fiddling around with a designer (very early stage) which could
help in building a little indepentend IDE some day.
www.theo.ch/kylix/desprev.png
Well, probably you should simply join the Lazarus team if you are interested in
creating an IDE...
Even if we'd still need to buy a K3 for (legally) using it, there'd be a
future for CLX which some of us would appreciate.
CrossFPC will require you to either own a Delphi or Kylix license.
Oh well, with the recent Delphi survey from Borland there at least is SOME hope
demand for a new Kylix version could be big enough to justify another investment
from them. I really hope everyone who would be interested in a Kylix4 has
used their chance to vote there..
Simon

{smallsort}

Simon Kissel schrieb:

Well, probably you should simply join the Lazarus team if you are interested in
creating an IDE...
Well, Lazarus hasn't much to do with CLX / Qt right?

Oh well, with the recent Delphi survey from Borland there at least is SOME hope
demand for a new Kylix version could be big enough to justify another investment
from them. I really hope everyone who would be interested in a Kylix4 has
used their chance to vote there..

Let's hope

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

Germán Pablo Gentile wrote:
No, really. I only see your critical attitude (crpay dos ide?)

Start helping developers if you want some better.
LOL. That's pretty rich Germán.
--
www.jed-software.com

JED wrote:

LOL. That's pretty rich Germán.
Where is the funny part?

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

"Simon Kissel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
another investment from them. I really hope everyone who would be
interested in a Kylix4 has used their chance to vote there..
I think many of us would be happy even with an SP, or a Kylix 3.1.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

On 2005-05-18, theo < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Simon Kissel schrieb:

>Well, probably you should simply join the Lazarus team if you are interested in
>creating an IDE...

Well, Lazarus hasn't much to do with CLX / Qt right?
Nope, it uses an own library, which is more VCL than CLX oriented. (lazarus started before
Kylix, and CLX is not free enough)
Lazarus uses GTK 1.2.x for production, and GTK2 is in alpha/beta stage. QT
was never attempted due to missing C++ linking, and again licenses (and GTK being
there as alternative without these problems).
However one could try to get a QT port going if there are bindings on C
interfacing level.

Marco van de Voort wrote:
However one could try to get a QT port going if there are bindings on C
interfacing level.
There are Qt bindings for C for about a half a year.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

Tony --
Please avoid such personal attacks. Thanks.
I cancelled your message.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

Germán --
Moving your posts here won't make any difference, German. Post mature,
professional posts. Otherwise you will be cancelled.
--

Nick Hodges [TeamB] wrote:
Germán --

Moving your posts here won't make any difference, German. Post
mature, professional posts. Otherwise you will be cancelled.
I cant see the unmature post here, Nick. Can you please show me that?
I post here as i ever do in the past, beacuse i have a eye in the kylix
unofficial patch progress and the Andrea work.
I only ask Tony why just stop complaining and put the hands in the
code. He is talking about an OS creature, so nobody stop he to improbe
FPC.
German.

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

Ah, I was attacked first.....
Nick Hodges [TeamB] wrote:
Tony --

Please avoid such personal attacks. Thanks.

I cancelled your message.

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

tony wrote:
Ah, I was attacked first.....
Understood. But I still had to cancel it all.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:Re: Free Pascal 2.0 is released !!!

tony wrote:
Ah, I was attacked first.....

I dont think so. I just suggest stop complaining about something you
can change. FPC is Open source so you can go there and modify the code.
Why waste your time and the Marco time arguing about FPC and dont start
to work with the FPC developers froup?
i can't see ANY attack in my post.