Board index » kylix » Anyone using c++

Anyone using c++


2003-12-15 03:37:08 PM
kylix0
I just installed the open version of Kylix... I opened a new project,
did nothing but save the unit + project. When I hit Go (>) - I get
compile errors !!! ??? (In a header file, time.h I beleive.)
I just installed it, and I am really a Lunux newbie. But I do
understand c++.
I gathered that Kylix would be fairly stable - but is that with
Pascal? Anyone using c++ out there?
Thanks!
/sten
/sten
---
For direct email, remove _ and X.
 
 

Re:Anyone using c++

Sten Larsson wrote:
Quote
I just installed the open version of Kylix... I opened a new project,
did nothing but save the unit + project. When I hit Go (>) - I get
compile errors !!! ??? (In a header file, time.h I beleive.)

I just installed it, and I am really a Lunux newbie. But I do
understand c++.

I gathered that Kylix would be fairly stable - but is that with
Pascal? Anyone using c++ out there?

Thanks!
/sten
/sten
---
For direct email, remove _ and X.
You need to install the unofficial k3fix patches from:
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
It's very easy.
kylix has a hard time with newer distributions.
 

Re:Anyone using c++

ken moffat < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
kylix has a hard time with newer distributions.
Which distribution would you recommend for using Kylix/BCB?
I'm currently on Red Hat 9 (Gnome).
Thanks!
/sten
---
For direct email, remove _ and X.
 

{smallsort}

Re:Anyone using c++

Sten Larsson wrote:
Quote
ken moffat < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>kylix has a hard time with newer distributions.


Which distribution would you recommend for using Kylix/BCB?

I'm currently on Red Hat 9 (Gnome).

If you install the patches is should work.
 

Re:Anyone using c++

ken moffat wrote:
Quote
Sten Larsson wrote:
>ken moffat < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>
>>kylix has a hard time with newer distributions.
>
>
>Which distribution would you recommend for using Kylix/BCB?
>
>I'm currently on Red Hat 9 (Gnome).
>


If you install the patches is should work.
It also works fine on SUSE 9.0 (with the patches).
--
Chris Gordon-Smith
London
Homepage: graffiti.{*word*269}.net/c.gordon-smith/
Email Address: Please see my Home Page
 

Re:Anyone using c++

Chris Gordon-Smith wrote:
Quote
It also works fine on SUSE 9.0 (with the patches).
But the AltGr patch should not be installed because it will destroy the
keyboard layout files under SuSE 9.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu VisualCLX and Kylix patches)