Installation problem SUSE 8.2

2004-08-04 08:26:35 PM
kylix2
I installed Kylix3 Enterprise trial on a SUSE 8.2 system.
The installation was without problems, but the component palette has only 5
tabs. The same components as the Kylix3_open version, which I had removed
before installing the trial.
Another problem is that when I try to compile the c example BasicEd I get 26
errors in the file time.h. The first error is E2141 Declaration syntax error
I suppose that the error is caused by the undefined macre __BEGIN_NAMESPACE_STD.
The same errors shows when Kylix is installed in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
How do I get rid of the errors? And how will I get a full component palette?
Thank you
Henrik

Re:Installation problem SUSE 8.2

Henrik Bech schrieb:
tabs. The same components as the Kylix3_open version, which I had removed
before installing the trial.
remove the hidden .borland directory before reinstallation.
Martin

Henrik Bech <softek_at_softek_dot_dk>wrote:
I installed Kylix3 Enterprise trial on a SUSE 8.2 system.

The installation was without problems, but the component palette has
only 5
tabs. The same components as the Kylix3_open version, which I had
removed before installing the trial.

Another problem is that when I try to compile the c example BasicEd I
get 26
errors in the file time.h. The first error is E2141 Declaration
syntax error I suppose that the error is caused by the undefined macre
__BEGIN_NAMESPACE_STD.

The same errors shows when Kylix is installed in Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 3.

How do I get rid of the errors? And how will I get a full component
palette?
Any particular reason why you cannot google on kylix & time.h?

{smallsort}

Henrik Bech schrieb:
I installed Kylix3 Enterprise trial on a SUSE 8.2 system.

The installation was without problems, but the component palette has only 5
tabs. The same components as the Kylix3_open version, which I had removed
before installing the trial.

Another problem is that when I try to compile the c example BasicEd I get 26
errors in the file time.h. The first error is E2141 Declaration syntax error
I suppose that the error is caused by the undefined macre __BEGIN_NAMESPACE_STD.

The same errors shows when Kylix is installed in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.

How do I get rid of the errors? And how will I get a full component palette?

Thank you
Henrik
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,29306,00.html

Re:Installation problem SUSE 8.2

Thanks - problem solved.
Henrik