Article : An editor to ease Windows to Linux migration

2003-11-19 04:46:32 PM
kylix0
Hi,
www.newsforge.com/article.pl
Mentions a few issues due to it being written in Kylix...
Phil

Re:Article : An editor to ease Windows to Linux migration

Very sad to read that the use of Kilyk is listed like a "cons"
Phil Shrimpton escribi?

"mamcx" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Very sad to read that the use of Kilyk is listed like a "cons"

Phil Shrimpton escribi?
>Hi,
>
>www.newsforge.com/article.pl
>
>Mentions a few issues due to it being written in Kylix...
>
>Phil

Yeah, I would not mentioned Kylix until it gains a little popularity and stability,
like VB or something...

{smallsort}

Phil Shrimpton wrote:
www.newsforge.com/article.pl
EditPadPro (for Windows, at least) has become my most favorite,
must have editor ever. I used to have my collection of editors -
you know, the nice one, the easy one, the fast one, the one that
could load a huge file, etc., but EditPadPro is all of those in
one. Nice to see the Linux one is comparable, and that
Delphi/Object Pascal wasn't a bad choice for commercial development
after all, even if you wanted to target Linux someday.
-Brion

Re:Article : An editor to ease Windows to Linux migration

Look at all the "$40 for an editor !?!?!?!?" comments posted.

Phil Shrimpton wrote:

you know, the nice one, the easy one, the fast one, the one that
could load a huge file, etc.,
Heh heh heh... that's hilariously on target :-)
Graham
Graham Wideman
Visio 2003 Developer's Survival Pack
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack
diagramantics.com

Graham Wideman wrote:
>you know, the nice one, the easy one, the fast one, the one that
>could load a huge file, etc.,

Heh heh heh... that's hilariously on target :-)
Hey, I've still got my PFE101.ZIP file stashed away - never know
when I'll need it... <g>
-Brion