Using ACS on Mandrake 10

2004-10-17 07:31:08 AM
kylix2
Hi,
I've built the ConsolePlayer demo that comes with Andrea's ACS components.
Put it onto my Mandrake 10 box and I get an exception when it tries to play.
Are there any known problems?
Do I need to run without the X Server running (I'm using a console in KDE)?
Thanks,
Dean

Re:Using ACS on Mandrake 10

Dean wrote:

I've built the ConsolePlayer demo that comes with Andrea's ACS components.

Put it onto my Mandrake 10 box and I get an exception when it tries to
play.

Are there any known problems?

Do I need to run without the X Server running (I'm using a console in
KDE)?
you sure that your xterm or konsole is 80x25 ?

Re:Using ACS on Mandrake 10

I'm not sure how that would result in an access violation exception, but,
yes, it is set to 80 x 25
Any other ideas?
Dean
Access violation at address 4023F57C, accessing address 00002B11
you sure that your xterm or konsole is 80x25 ?

{smallsort}

Re:Using ACS on Mandrake 10

I don't really need to use ACS (which is excellent but a bit overkill for
what I need as I already have an audio pump).
I have PCM frames (16 bit 8khz) queued up and I simply need to dump them to
the soudcard using alsa.
Are there any examples of this on the web using alsa.pas rather than ACS?
Thanks,
Dean

Re:Using ACS on Mandrake 10

OK, I found some examples of using alsa.pas here:-
perso.wanadoo.es/plcl/alsapas/alsapas-en.html
I'm not sure what the "period" and "period size" settings are though, for
8000khz little-endian 16 bit samples (160 bytes per frame).
Anyone here using ALSA that might be able to help?
Thanks,
Dean