New Unofficial VisualCLX patch version 3.7

2005-02-08 04:11:05 AM
kylix1
New Unofficial VisualCLX patch version 3.7
unvclx.sourceforge.net
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
* Now I have finished my tests with the new z-order system. It uses a
hidden parent widget that has all forms as child. The main form gets a
taskbar button under Windows by calling SetWindowLong() with
WS_EX_APPWINDOW. A result of the common parent widget is that activating
one child brings all other children to foreground.
The behaviour under KDE is even without IFDEFs different because it is not
Windows ;-)
* I have replaced the TImageList by a resource friendly one. A test with
some images in the ImageList and 72 forms open increased GDI-handle usage
to 10000 (the maximum). After that the application crashed due to
GDI-Handle usage limit.
The new ImageList uses only a little bit more than 2000 GDI-handles.
* TSpeedButton and TBitBtn do no more use a internal ImageList for each
button. They do not use any ImageList, only a TBitmap.
* ClientRect works now correctly for Maximized MDIChild forms.
* many more smaller bug fixes
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patch version 3.7

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
* I have replaced the TImageList by a resource friendly one. A test with
some images in the ImageList and 72 forms open increased GDI-handle usage
to 10000 (the maximum). After that the application crashed due to
GDI-Handle usage limit.
The new ImageList uses only a little bit more than 2000 GDI-handles.
While reducing the GDI-Handle/pixmap usage I opened two memory leaks
(allocating a TBitmap twice).
I have uploaded a progressive patch utility that can apply the
QImgList.pas patch after the 3.7 patch was applied.
At www.kylix-patch.de.vu/index.php/Urgent_bugfixes you can download
the progressive patch utility and the QImgList.pas.patch.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
(andy.jgknet.de/blog)

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patch version 3.7

Is there also a new patch for CrossKylix?
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:420a9a39$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Andreas Hausladen wrote:

>* I have replaced the TImageList by a resource friendly one. A test with
>some images in the ImageList and 72 forms open increased GDI-handle
usage
>to 10000 (the maximum). After that the application crashed due to
>GDI-Handle usage limit.
>The new ImageList uses only a little bit more than 2000 GDI-handles.

While reducing the GDI-Handle/pixmap usage I opened two memory leaks
(allocating a TBitmap twice).
I have uploaded a progressive patch utility that can apply the
QImgList.pas patch after the 3.7 patch was applied.
At www.kylix-patch.de.vu/index.php/Urgent_bugfixes you can download
the progressive patch utility and the QImgList.pas.patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Regards,

Andreas Hausladen
(andy.jgknet.de/blog)

{smallsort}

Max wrote:
Is there also a new patch for CrossKylix?
Yes.
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
--

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Max wrote:

>Is there also a new patch for CrossKylix?

Yes.
www.kylix-patch.de.vu

Willibald Kren
My Hero!!!
To where do I travel to buy you lunch?
My Mandrake 64 bit version 10 now runs. Sob Sob Sob - I am so happy...
For Others....
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib64
/usr/X11R6/qt3/lib64