Re: Our IDE?!

2005-05-31 09:50:52 PM
kylix1
haword wrote:

Also what is necessary to make to receive the sanction? Who can be can
prompt? I think Borland have closed project Kylix and further it will not
develop. Who be can prompt?
Then you think wrong. Several people involved in the community Kylix project
post here regularly. Borland announced their Kylix plans at last years BorCon
and it was not closing the project.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:Re: Our IDE?!

Then you think wrong. Several people involved in the community Kylix
project
post here regularly. Borland announced their Kylix plans at last years
BorCon
and it was not closing the project.
So signifies Borland will possible release 4 versions? It's very good :)

Re:Re: Our IDE?!

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
haword wrote:

>Also what is necessary to make to receive the sanction? Who can be
>can prompt? I think Borland have closed project Kylix and further
>it will not develop. Who be can prompt?

Then you think wrong. Several people involved in the community Kylix
project post here regularly. Borland announced their Kylix plans at
last years BorCon and it was not closing the project.
Can you refresh our memory about what they said (links etc.);
plus, what sign is there that they are keeping it open?

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Our IDE?!

On 28 May 2005 12:22:10 -0700
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I never said that I do not like Lazarus. It is simply useless for me at
the moment because it does not compile my CLX applications without
migrating them for what I do not have the time.
Wouldn't it be better then to modify lazarus to be able to call the kylix compiler ? The compiler already is configurable, but maybe a new dialog for kylix compiler options needs to be created, a new kylix project template, ... Then kylix compiler can compile the CLX, it's components, it's shared libraries etc.
Sounds as a lot less work than a whole new IDE, but just an idea.
Micha