Cross Kylix Question

2005-07-23 02:10:13 PM
kylix1
Hi,
I have been using Cross Kylix in Delphi 2005 and it works great, except
when I do a webbroker project.
It just won't show the webmodule, is there anyway around this?
It shows it in Delphi 7, but I prefer delphi 2005 because it shows the
compile errors better.
Thanks,

Re:Cross Kylix Question

Tony,
I have been using Cross Kylix in Delphi 2005 and it works great, except
when I do a webbroker project.
It just won't show the webmodule, is there anyway around this?

It shows it in Delphi 7, but I prefer delphi 2005 because it shows the
compile errors better.
As I've never done a webbroker project, I don't know anything about that topic.
But well, what do you mean by "just won't show"? Inside the IDE? Sounds like a
Delphi 2005 issue to me, not a CrossKylix issue.
Simon

Re:Cross Kylix Question

Well, normally in D2005 or D7 you do a view form and select the web module,
but when I do this with a cross Kylix project in D2005 it just shows the
webmodules unit and refuses to show the webmodule(like a datamodule).
It works fine in D7, maybe it's something to do with D2005 not having CLX
support? I don't know.
Thanks,
Tony

As I've never done a webbroker project, I don't know anything about that
topic. But well, what do you mean by "just won't show"? Inside the IDE?
Sounds like a Delphi 2005 issue to me, not a CrossKylix issue.

Simon

{smallsort}

Re:Cross Kylix Question

Well, normally in D2005 or D7 you do a view form and select the web module,
but when I do this with a cross Kylix project in D2005 it just shows the
webmodules unit and refuses to show the webmodule(like a datamodule).

It works fine in D7, maybe it's something to do with D2005 not having CLX
support? I don't know.
Webmodules aren't CLX, are they?
Maybe it's simply the broken D7 project importer in D2005 - have you tried to
manually open the webmodule?
Simon

Re:Cross Kylix Question

On 2005-07-28, Simon Kissel < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Well, normally in D2005 or D7 you do a view form and select the web module,
>but when I do this with a cross Kylix project in D2005 it just shows the
>webmodules unit and refuses to show the webmodule(like a datamodule).
>
>It works fine in D7, maybe it's something to do with D2005 not having CLX
>support? I don't know.

Webmodules aren't CLX, are they?

Maybe it's simply the broken D7 project importer in D2005 - have you tried to
manually open the webmodule?
Or try to make a webmodule from scratch in both versions and compare them. THis might
give a clue what went wrong with importing.