Re: Kylix Lives!

2003-07-22 03:10:00 AM
kylix0
"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>Alessandro and I both posted using Outlook Express... which has an
>untold number of "issues".
The link works fine for me with Outlook Express 6.
It did for me too, but unfortunately not for Alessandro. Same OE version
according the message headers.
I dont know what the untold number of issues is.
Well, by wording my have been a little sensational, but it does have long
standing issues. Lost messages in threading is the big one for me. But it
also has some quicks in getting new groups and posts (mostly with rfc
compliance).
OE works just fine for me.
It usually works for me too. Most of them time. But I still complain about
it. <g>
There are some things I'd like OE to be able to do that other newsreaders
can, however those newsreaders usually fall down in other areas; at least
for me.
I've tried a couple of other newsreaders, and found they had more "issues"
than OE also.
But I guess we're we're way off-topic in a Kylix ng now... <g>
Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either
case, the thought is staggering. (R. Buckminster Fuller)

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

"Don Siders" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It usually works for me too. Most of them time. But I still complain
about
it. <g>
Don't we all? <G>

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

On 17 Jul 2003 09:54:42 -0700, Henry Hansen < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

Good point, you made me think! Perhaps I should look more seriously at
getting back to C++ and using wxWindows. I get Mac + Linux + Win32 all
in one library that people like.

Boa Constructor is pretty slick and you still get to avoid C++.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:50:33 -0400, "JQP" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

I have Mozilla loaded on my laptop. I don't see it as superior at all. It
Pop up blocking and tabbed browsing make it superior IMO. Lack of IE
exploits is icing.

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

ckd wrote:
>I have Mozilla loaded on my laptop. I don't see it as superior at
>all. It

Pop up blocking and tabbed browsing make it superior IMO.
It's possible to do that with add-ins for IE.. but then we were talking
about OE, not IE.
This thread has drifted off-topic, too. Follow-up set.
--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

"ckd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Pop up blocking and tabbed browsing make it superior IMO. Lack of IE
exploits is icing.
Popup blocking is a good feature. Tabs don't blow my skirt up. I've locked
IE down pretty good and have yet to be "exploited"<g>.

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

JQP wrote:
Popup blocking is a good feature.
Yes... very good! :-)
Tabs don't blow my skirt up.
No? Obviously you don't visit the same set of sites every day. Every
morning I go to the regular 6 daily sites. I have a "tab group"
bookmarked for this. It loads all 6 pages simultaneously in different
tabs. As I finish with each one I close it. This makes browsing a lot
more "productive." :-)
I've locked IE down pretty good and have yet to be "exploited"<g>.
That you know of... ;-) Although I have to admit that the possibility
is remote if you keep your IE patches up-to-date. Of course, I'm lazy
and I don't like the occasional "bad" patch that slows the system down
etc. so I delay a while before applying them. That's why Moz is a bit
better for me because it is exploited less so therefore the risk is
lower and therefore I "feel" safer. :-)
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

In borland.public.kylix.non-technical, JQP < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
<3f1d66b3$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
Popup blocking is a good feature. Tabs don't blow my skirt up. I've locked
IE down pretty good and have yet to be "exploited"<g>.
Maybe you lack class-consciousness, dude.
--
***Posted by Jake's Custom Newsgroup Reader***
Posted using Jake's Super Newsreader 0.9.2.953

Re:Re: Kylix Lives!

In borland.public.kylix.non-technical, Don Siders < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote in message < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
I've tried a couple of other newsreaders, and found they had more "issues"
than OE also.
Which newsreaders? Which issues?