What's up, Kylix/Crosskylix?

2005-01-04 02:33:51 AM
kylix1
Why I have to wait for a release so long? What is the difficulty?
How many folks are currently working on it? Is there at least a roadmap?

Re:What's up, Kylix/Crosskylix?

Why I have to wait for a release so long? What is the difficulty?
How many folks are currently working on it? Is there at least a roadmap?
Pardon? If you are speaking of CrossKylix, then the answer is:
- You have to wait for a release as long as I wish. Or pay me a big amount of money.
I'm doing this for free in my spare time and don't owe you {*word*99}.
- CrossKylix is released as Version 1.0, and there are no real bugs found. There
is nothing that needs working on it right now.
- I'm the only one working on CrossKylix
- The roadmap is that I plan to add remote-debugging to it some time in the future.
And if you wish to further communicate with me, next time please change your tone,
and get yourself a name and an email address.
Simon

Simon Kissel schrieb:
>Why I have to wait for a release so long? What is the difficulty?
>How many folks are currently working on it? Is there at least a roadmap?

And if you wish to further communicate with me, next time please change your tone,
and get yourself a name and an email address.

I don't think his "tone" was directed towards you, Simon.
His subject started with "What's up, Kylix/...." and he probably didn't
even mean CrossKylix but FreeCLX.
I'm interested in the FreeClX question too...;-)

{smallsort}

Re:What's up, Kylix/Crosskylix?

Your tone in defense has struck my curiosity - what is it you have
built? (CrossKylix).. and I am very interested in your "remote
debugging", as we have been building a remote code tracer type of debug
solution for our applications in Windows ... and just started porting it
over to Kylix3.
Ozz
www.bpdx.com
Simon Kissel wrote:
>Why I have to wait for a release so long? What is the difficulty?
>How many folks are currently working on it? Is there at least a roadmap?

Pardon? If you are speaking of CrossKylix, then the answer is:

- You have to wait for a release as long as I wish. Or pay me a big amount of money.
I'm doing this for free in my spare time and don't owe you {*word*99}.

- CrossKylix is released as Version 1.0, and there are no real bugs found. There
is nothing that needs working on it right now.

- I'm the only one working on CrossKylix

- The roadmap is that I plan to add remote-debugging to it some time in the future.

And if you wish to further communicate with me, next time please change your tone,
and get yourself a name and an email address.

Simon

Re:What's up, Kylix/Crosskylix?

Ozz,
Your tone in defense has struck my curiosity - what is it you have
built? (CrossKylix)..
A Kylix crosscompiler for the Delphi IDE. Build Linux applications from inside Delphi.
crosskylix.untergrund.net
Simon

Simon Kissel schrieb:
>>Why I have to wait for a release so long? What is the difficulty?
>>How many folks are currently working on it? Is there at least a roadmap?
>
>And if you wish to further communicate with me, next time please change your tone,
>and get yourself a name and an email address.

I don't think his "tone" was directed towards you, Simon.
His subject started with "What's up, Kylix/...." and he probably didn't
even mean CrossKylix but FreeCLX.
I'm interested in the FreeClX question too...;-)
Well, regarding FreeCLX the answers probably are:
Borland, Borland, ~5, yes.
Simon

Simon Kissel wrote:
Well, regarding FreeCLX the answers probably are:
Borland, Borland, ~5, yes.
Simon, i don't understand the meaning of your answer.
IFAIK, there is some license issue related to Borland, which has to be
resolved, but what does '~5' mean?
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re:What's up, Kylix/Crosskylix?

>Well, regarding FreeCLX the answers probably are:
>Borland, Borland, ~5, yes.

Simon, i don't understand the meaning of your answer.
IFAIK, there is some license issue related to Borland, which has to be
resolved, but what does '~5' mean?
Why I have to wait for a release so long?
=>Borland
What is the difficulty?
=>Borland
How many folks are currently working on it?
=>~5
Is there at least a roadmap?
=>yes
Simon

Re:What's up, Kylix/Crosskylix?

For Info:
I am now using Fedora 3 and Kylix3 C ++
After a long battle, I am able to compile all example applications and
execute programs and
outside of the IDE, now I will get down to the serious application
development
I have to keep a careful eye on borland, as some of the business decisions
of the last years
almost drove me to microsoft, which is still possible unless I see less of
their sucidal business actions
I have been using borland products since turbo (c) days. C ++ Builder is my
main programming arsenal
For Linux, if they want a lot of new programmers, perfect KYLIX, borland
must balance business policies
with plain common sense. If you got something that works and will only take
20 % more effort to perfect it
find a way, nobody said life was going to be easy. Find a way Find a way
Find a way !!!!!
come on borland make me a believer again !!
Anyone want to know of my battles and success
contact me on the below address
ChumpCharlie
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Ozz,

Chump Charlue wrote:
For Info:

I am now using Fedora 3 and Kylix3 C ++
After a long battle, I am able to compile all example applications and
execute programs and
outside of the IDE, now I will get down to the serious application
development
Would you mind sharing your experience? My Linux installation is still
an ancient SuSE 7.1; I never moved forward for fear of never getting
Kylix C++ to work again. However I'd like to move on to a newer
distribution and Fedora appears to be a reasonable choice.
Thanks in advance,
--
Nicola Musatti
Team Thai Kingdom