Feb, 1st, Vienna/Austria: DevTracks2005

2005-01-28 01:13:48 AM
kylix2
Hi2all,
Are ther some Europeans on this list comming to the Borland Roadshow
DevTracks2005 in Vienna/Austria on 1st of February?
ec.borland.com/eventDisplay.jsf
--- or are there no Kylixers left here in Europe/Austria?
;-) Eugen

Re:Feb, 1st, Vienna/Austria: DevTracks2005

Thanks for the hint!
Eugen R. Neuber wrote:
Hi2all,

Are ther some Europeans on this list comming to the Borland Roadshow
DevTracks2005 in Vienna/Austria on 1st of February?

ec.borland.com/eventDisplay.jsf

--- or are there no Kylixers left here in Europe/Austria?

;-) Eugen

Re:Feb, 1st, Vienna/Austria: DevTracks2005

Are ther some Europeans on this list comming to the Borland Roadshow
DevTracks2005 in Vienna/Austria on 1st of February?
Thanks for the hint.. But I won't come, I'm afraid.
ec.borland.com/eventDisplay.jsf

--- or are there no Kylixers left here in Europe/Austria?
Sure there are some left..
Willi

{smallsort}

Re:Feb, 1st, Vienna/Austria: DevTracks2005

Sure there are some left..

Sure, but I don't know if this event has anything to do with Kylix.

theo schrieb:
Sure, but I don't know if this event has anything to do with Kylix.
No, hasn't - it's about Borland's tools (e.g. Delphi) in general...
Willi

theo wrote:
Sure, but I don't know if this event has anything to do with Kylix.
If you want to talk to someone from borland about Kylix, then you'd better
attend such an event! This is where Borland's sales people talk to
customers (and/or potential customers).
I bought Kylix and I want to take this chance to "lobby" for this product as
a customer.
If you want to see Kylix 4 happen, you'd better be present where Borland is
around. Crying in newsgroups alone won't help!
But the best way to promote Kylix is
1) use it for development
2) sell some licenses/consultent contracts/support hours
3) talk about it to your friends/clients/boss/investors
4) buy the next version upgrade
;-)

Eugen R. Neuber wrote:
If you want to see Kylix 4 happen, you'd better be present where
Borland is around. Crying in newsgroups alone won't help!
Sound advice, IMO.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to

Eugen R. Neuber wrote:
--- or are there no Kylixers left here in Europe/Austria?
so, did they say anything about kylix ?

zeljko wrote:
Eugen R. Neuber wrote:

>--- or are there no Kylixers left here in Europe/Austria?

so, did they say anything about kylix ?
Yes, they did.
This is a very sad day!
Marcel Donges (consultant at Borland GmbH, München, Germany) did a very good
talk about corba. During his talk he said that Borland decided last year to
discontinue Kylix due to missing sales.
I also asked Daniel Magin (delphi and interbase consultant at Borland GmbH,
München, Germany) in a coffee break about Kylix and he said "there won't be
any other Kylix form Borland anymore" he said "Borland does not sell Kylix
any more" which is not true! This is the link from Borland's Webshop
(Germany Borland.de) to Kylix 3 Enterprise:
www.edv-buchversand.de/EDV-BUCH/BORLAND/catalog.nsf/vaw3ProductsByKey/BOR354
So, although TeamB Members will very soon tell us all "this is not the
opinion of Borland.com, just the opinion of some employee overseas", it was
very (-v- -e- -r- -y-) disappointing for me!
They both said, there is a roumor that Kylix might be open sourced...
*Let's hope they do open source Kylix!*
Eugen
This is what I heard in a talk form Marcel Donges, and what Daniel Magin
said to me in a coffee break. I'd like to tell the opposite from what I
wrote above, but I have no reason to lie to anybody. I want to have Kylix
around!!