Missed TEdit OnKeyPress Event - QT-3 - Kylix 3

2006-12-14 11:54:03 AM
kylix2
Hi
I am trying to use the last un-official Andreas patch for kylix 3 with
QT-3 wrapper and found that TEdit.OnKeyPress is not fired for composed
keys with accent (like ~+a to produce a-tilde).
Also KeyDown and KeyUp are not fired for composed keys.
I need the OnKeyPress event to block the end user from input invalid
characters in the TEdit text field.
Although QT-3 wrapper is a "work in progress", I would like help to get
a clue or a bypass code...
(environment LANG=en_US, Brazilian ABNT-2 keyboard with dead keys,
Kernel 2.6.9, KDE 3.5)
Thanks a lot
Arnaldo Braun
Florianopolis - Brazil

Re:Missed TEdit OnKeyPress Event - QT-3 - Kylix 3

Better ask here::
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/

Re:Missed TEdit OnKeyPress Event - QT-3 - Kylix 3

I will post a "workaround" code in the referenced site...
theo wrote:
Better ask here::
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/

{smallsort}