Wine with Delphi 6 apps?

2003-11-24 12:04:08 AM
kylix2
Hi everybody.
Is someone using Wine with Delphi 6 applications?
I will try some time in the near future. I just compile wine a few days ago
but havent time to play with it.
Maybe there is the way we should go?
Opinions...

Re:Wine with Delphi 6 apps?

Sergio Samayoa wrote:
Hi everybody.

Is someone using Wine with Delphi 6 applications?

I will try some time in the near future. I just compile wine a few days
ago but havent time to play with it.

Maybe there is the way we should go?

Opinions...
Soem apps will work and some will not with Wine. It would depend upon what
drivers you are using and what kind of OS calls you are going to make.
At any rate for in house apps, this may work, but I would not wish to depend
upon a Wine app for a mass distributed applications. What version of Wine,
would you certify on, what Winelibs does the user have loaded, etc. It will
require a lot of testing, and I could see the Help Desk calls arising <G>.
In house, where you control the machines (or a Network engineering group
would), might be OK.

Re:Wine with Delphi 6 apps?

Hi,
here some things you should consider when writing delphi apps which shall
be working on wine as well.
If possible:
- aviod registry stuff.
- do not take the components from <Dialogs>tab.
- do not use BDE.
- of course no OLE stuff.
Thats it. My apps work fine in wine. Even third party components like DBISAM
are ok.
Also components which are using dlls (tzip) work fine.
For installation setup I recommend InnoSetup. Runs prefect in wine.
"Sergio Samayoa" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi everybody.

Is someone using Wine with Delphi 6 applications?

I will try some time in the near future. I just compile wine a few days
ago
but havent time to play with it.

Maybe there is the way we should go?

Opinions...

{smallsort}

Re:Wine with Delphi 6 apps?

Our app works with the newest Wine-Version.
We use Unicode (ElPack), DB-Access (ADS Local Server),
IE-Integration (IE 4 musst be installed unter WINE),
Print Preview, ...
"Sergio Samayoa" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi everybody.

Is someone using Wine with Delphi 6 applications?

I will try some time in the near future. I just compile wine a few days
ago
but havent time to play with it.

Maybe there is the way we should go?

Opinions...

Re:Wine with Delphi 6 apps?

- do not take the components from <Dialogs>tab.
To the best of my knowledge at least Save and Open work perfectly
I (actually another person) tested it with an old version of a program of
mine 1 - 1?years ago:
www.micro-sys.dk/products/multibatcher/screenshots.php (3rd
screenshot).
best regards