Basic file I/O problems

2004-09-19 05:46:28 PM
kylix2
I'm using standard file I/O routines for a .conf file reader unit I built
and I've got weird things happening sometimes (unpredictable).
Occasionally, I end up with a file like this (after only having read the
file):-
-$A8
-$B-
-$C+
-$D+
-$E-
-$F-
-$G+
-$H+
-$I+
-$J-
-$K-
-$L+
-$M-
-$N+
-$O+
-$P+
-$Q-
-$R-
-$S-
-$T-
-$U-
-$V+
-$W-
-$X+
-$YD
-$Z1
-cg
-H+
-W+
-M
-$M1048576
-K$00400000
Does it look familiar to anyone? Obvious error, or shall I post some code?
Thanks,
Dean

Re:Basic file I/O problems

public.borland.com wrote:
I'm using standard file I/O routines for a .conf file reader unit I built
and I've got weird things happening sometimes (unpredictable).
And what is the problem?
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Basic file I/O problems

And what is the problem?
See top post. File gets overwritten with junk.
Dean

{smallsort}

Re:Basic file I/O problems

Hello,
I'm using standard file I/O routines for a .conf file reader unit I built
and I've got weird things happening sometimes (unpredictable).

Occasionally, I end up with a file like this (after only having read the
file):-

-$A8
-$B-
This seems a configuration file for a Delphi/Kylix project. Maybe
you're using something like ChangeFileExt(Application.ExeName, '.cfg')
as the file name. Then the IDE could be overwritting it with the
project options. If so, try another less conflictive name for the
file... the sames goes for the username you use in your posts:
"borland.public.com" is not a wise choice ;-)
best regards,
Nico Aragón

Re:Basic file I/O problems

Hi Nico,
Yes - I think you nailed it there. Many thanks for spotting....
As for my username, I must have set that by mistake - I'll see if I can fix
it.....!
Dean