Kylix exes and latest kernel

2005-02-03 02:16:53 PM
kylix2
Does anyone know if kylix exes will work with the latest kernel?
I remember something awhile back that Kylix exes had a problem with
2.6.8? but I don't remember all the details.
Thanks,
Tony

Re:Kylix exes and latest kernel

Tony Caduto wrote:
Does anyone know if kylix exes will work with the latest kernel?
I remember something awhile back that Kylix exes had a problem with
2.6.8? but I don't remember all the details.
If I remember correctly only Fedora Core Linux had the problem because
they activated the ExecShield feature in the kernel. But Simon Kissel
wrote a small console program that fixes the Kylix executables. And for
new application (apps with source code) you can add his unit that does the
job automatically.
crosskylix.untergrund.net/execshield.shtml
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen