Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

2005-10-09 06:55:50 AM
kylix0
Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

Re:Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

Max schrieb:
Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!
Yeah! And Florian let out the Delphi Compatible FPC! ;-)

theo wrote:
Max schrieb:
>Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

Yeah! And Florian let out the Delphi Compatible FPC! ;-)
Well, fpc 2.1 can compile clx w/o problems ;)

{smallsort}

zeljko schrieb:

Well, fpc 2.1 can compile clx w/o problems ;)
Is it? That's great news!
Really no problems?

theo wrote:
zeljko schrieb:

>Well, fpc 2.1 can compile clx w/o problems ;)

Is it? That's great news!
Really no problems?
didn't found any at the moment :)

Re:Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!
Well, at least you'll get a status update: CrossFPC now is able
to compile visual CLX applications which seem run just fine on all
Linux distros, including 64bit ones. Database applications based
on DBExpress also compile, this part currently is in testing phase.
Work for other Kylix technologies is in progress.
The reason we didn't release a public beta yet is this: The
installation process is complex. CrossFPC will be supporting several
Delphi versions/editions. As the Delphi CLX/VCL is used by CrossFPC,
this means that the installer needs to be compatible with all versions
of the CLX and VCL from Delphi 6 on, which is quite a lot. This is
especially true as for the current CrossFPC beta a small patch to the
CLX bindhelp unit is required.
Anyway, a public beta of CrossFPC is to be expected in the very near
future. Probably less than 2 weeks, but don't nail me on it.
And I don't see any urgency at all really - for now Kylix
and CrossKylix are fine to do the job, after all the goal of CrossFPC
is to provide a path for the *future*.
Simon

Simon Kissel wrote:
>Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

Well, at least you'll get a status update: CrossFPC now is able
to compile visual CLX applications which seem run just fine on all
Does it mean that FPC is now able to eat .dfm's and Windows resources?
No .lfm and {$I Form1.lrs} ?!

Re:Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

>Well, at least you'll get a status update: CrossFPC now is able
>to compile visual CLX applications which seem run just fine on all

Does it mean that FPC is now able to eat .dfm's and Windows resources?
No .lfm and {$I Form1.lrs} ?!
Yes, together with the FPC team I've implemented this.
However, please remember that FPC itself is off-topic here (most of this
thread already got cancelled due to this).
Simon

Simon Kissel wrote:
... FPC itself is off-topic here (most of this
thread already got cancelled due to this).

Simon
Great news, indeed!!!
It means, Borland is starting to feel FPC heat! A very
similar scenario lead to 3 releases of Interbase in
very short time.
Ivan.

Ivan Cruz wrote:

Simon Kissel wrote:
>... FPC itself is off-topic here (most of this
>thread already got cancelled due to this).
>
>Simon

Great news, indeed!!!

It means, Borland is starting to feel FPC heat! A very
similar scenario lead to 3 releases of Interbase in
very short time.

Borland doesn't cancel here, TeamB does. I have no idea what you mean by
InterBase and since I'm considered part of the core team for IB I'd know just a
little bit more than you about what drove (or in this case had absolutely no
impact at all on) InterBase development over the past 5 years.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your

Simon Kissel wrote:
>>Well, at least you'll get a status update: CrossFPC now is able
>>to compile visual CLX applications which seem run just fine on all
>
>Does it mean that FPC is now able to eat .dfm's and Windows resources?
>No .lfm and {$I Form1.lrs} ?!

Yes, together with the FPC team I've implemented this.

However, please remember that FPC itself is off-topic here (most of this
thread already got cancelled due to this).

Simon
Which version? 2.1.1?

Re:Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

this means that the installer needs to be compatible with all versions
of the CLX and VCL from Delphi 6 on, which is quite a lot.
Even funny languages like German ?
-Michael

Re:Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

>>... FPC itself is off-topic here (most of this
>>thread already got cancelled due to this).
Where to find it ?
-Michael

Re:Simon, let out the CrossFPC beast !!!

>this means that the installer needs to be compatible with all versions
>of the CLX and VCL from Delphi 6 on, which is quite a lot.

Even funny languages like German ?
Yes.
Simon

Michael Schnell wrote:
>>>... FPC itself is off-topic here (most of this
>>>thread already got cancelled due to this).

Where to find it ?

-Michael
Google, CrossFPC, enter, click, be happy!