Database support for OE?

2004-01-29 01:09:21 PM
kylix1
Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?

Re:Database support for OE?

neil wrote:
Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?
You could use the FreeCLX project's DB file.
www.sf.net/projects/freeclx
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Database support for OE?

Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?
You can use JVCL UIB at www.progdigy.com to access Firebird and Interbase
databases.
All free and open source.
Didier

{smallsort}

Re:Database support for OE?

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
>Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?

You can use JVCL UIB at www.progdigy.com to access Firebird and Interbase
databases.
All free and open source.
And it will work with Open Edition? The website says "Kylix3" but doesn't
specify whether OE is supported.
Neil

Re:Database support for OE?

In article <40189ed9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
neil wrote:

>Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?

You could use the FreeCLX project's DB file.
www.sf.net/projects/freeclx
Thank for the suggestion, Andreas. And especially thank you for the work
you are doing with the Kylix patches.
Neil

Re:Database support for OE?

Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?
if You use Firebird Database
htttp://web.tiscali.it/fblib
Alessandro

Re:Database support for OE?

>You can use JVCL UIB at www.progdigy.com to access Firebird and
>Interbase
>databases.
>All free and open source.

And it will work with Open Edition? The website says "Kylix3" but doesn't
specify whether OE is supported.
I've just had confirmation from Henri Gourvest (UIB),
you'll have to remove Dataset components that's all.
Last time I checked, there was a package for D6 PE.
Didier

Re:Database support for OE?

neil < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Any ways (free or commercial) for database access using K3 Open Edition?
Another option would be zeoslib.sourceforge.net/
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Chair, Paradox/Delphi SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group

Re:Database support for OE?

FreeCLX, UIB, Zeoslib - When they say support for Kylix3, does this include
the C++ version of Kylix, or just the Delphi version? Thanks.