Re: Twisting in the wind?

2004-02-25 09:24:14 PM
kylix0
Nico Aragón wrote:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:36:26 -0500, juliusz
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>There are many valuable studies of open source phenomenon including
>those done by US government,

Please, could you post URIs? Thanks.

Sure. There are rather old papers, this one from 2001 (and we have to
remember that the Linux scenery is rapidly changing), but still they
are very positive to FOSS.
Open Source Software in Military Systems:
www.mitre.org/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_01/kenwood_software/index.html
and this one done for US Department of Defense in 2003:
Use of Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) in the U.S. Department of
Defense
www.microcross.com/dodfoss.pdf
There is another one which emphasis on Open Source penetration:
Why Open Source Software / Free Software (OSS/FS)? Look at the Numbers!
www.dwheeler.com/oss_fs_why.html
juliusz
--
InstallMade - Kylix-specific installer
www.superobject.com/installmade/

Re:Re: Twisting in the wind?

"pnichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I would still love to have a good C++ RAD IDE on Linux. Would I pay for
it?
If it were in the 300.00 range, the answer is YES. I bet many others would
as well.
www.codeforge.com/
$300 USD for the Pro version, multilanguage, multi-platform.

Re:Re: Twisting in the wind?

Saw this interview with Michael Dell where he basically substantiated what
most people already knew:
This Dell interview is so lame, trying to extract any useful info from
this is a folly. PC Mag is just asking tame questions to plese a big
advertiser, and in turn Michael Dull just say what ever will not cause a
stir with Intel and MS.
And his simplistic statements about making Digital television as a LCD
monitor with a tuner. This guy is lacking some technical clue.

{smallsort}