Moving from Indy to Synapse (TCP Server)

2004-09-13 10:52:45 PM
kylix0
I have a kylix app. built with Indy's TIdTCPServer object which has a few
*nix compatibility issues (FreeBSD *nix especially).
Has anyone here built kylix apps around Synapse which I understand to be
superior for x-platform?
Likely to be an easy job to convert fron one to the other?
I like Indy - I'm not knocking it - unfortunately I didn't really fully
check compatibility issues first so entirely my fault.
FreeBSD especially dislikes it if you try and write to a disconnected socket
(the OS appears to realise the socket has gone before Indy does, and
proceeds to terminate all threads).
Thanks,
Dean