simple question :-)

2003-12-12 08:39:59 PM
kylix0
hopefully a simple question ...
can i use kylix to compile command-line applications which will run on
linux systems without XWindows installed?
thanx
aparimana

Re:simple question :-)

aparimana wrote:
hopefully a simple question ...

can i use kylix to compile command-line applications which will run on
linux systems without XWindows installed?
Yes.
www.mailtrap.org.uk/
www.ibrox.demon.co.uk/

Re:simple question :-)

Bob { Goddard } wrote:
aparimana wrote:

>hopefully a simple question ...
>
>can i use kylix to compile command-line applications which will run on
>linux systems without XWindows installed?

Yes.

However, maybe FreePascal might be cheaper ;-)

{smallsort}

Re:simple question :-)

ken moffat wrote:
Bob { Goddard } wrote:
>aparimana wrote:
>

>>hopefully a simple question ...
>>
>>can i use kylix to compile command-line applications which will run on
>>linux systems without XWindows installed?
>

>Yes.

However, maybe FreePascal might be cheaper ;-)
Kylix Open Edition is free of charge
--
Chris Gordon-Smith
London

Re:simple question :-)

Chris Gordon-Smith wrote:

Kylix Open Edition is free of charge

Yes.
I like kylix a lot, but deployment is a headache and lazarus provides
static programs that deploy easily. Admittedly more or less beta
software, but usable.