Weird graphical bug on FC3

2005-05-24 02:51:13 AM
kylix1
After troubles installing kylix 3 (missing libstdc++ library and such), I
was able to install kylix 3 on FC3.
On my PC kylix 3 didn't run, like most people. Now I read some posts and
they said to use the weird echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout command.
I tried with the export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 command, and without it but
there is this horrible bug that's keeping me from doing anything:
Basically all windows are messed up. The File,Tools, etc bar is about 5000
pixels high and no text is displayed. It's just weird. Is it a bug with my
GNOME or X-WINDOW package? Are they out of date?
Please help a Linux newbie! I'm just running linux and Kylix to make some
apps for my server that runs on linux, and I badly need help! Thank you in
advance!

Re:Weird graphical bug on FC3

TrashLock wrote:
there is this horrible bug that's keeping me from doing anything:
Basically all windows are messed up. The File,Tools, etc bar is about 5000
pixels high and no text is displayed. It's just weird. Is it a bug with my
GNOME or X-WINDOW package? Are they out of date?

I had the same issue with Suse 9.3 and KDE. I was able to get delphi to
display the menus, forms, etc in the correct size by change desktop
defaul fonts (size), then delete the .borland directory in the user home
and start delphi again. You have to experement with diff. fonts and
font sizes.
In my case, I was able to get every thing correct except for the Menu
font (it is still too small).
Good luck.
BTW, if you get it working, please post back what you did and what fonts
you used.

MS wrote:
then delete the .borland directory in the user home
That is a very bad idea because the registration file is in this directory.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Andreas Hausladen wrote:

That is a very bad idea because the registration file is in this directory.

The registration file can be in your home directory.
Regards,

MS wrote:
The registration file can be in your home directory.
Only for the Open Edition. If you have a more advanced SKU you will loose
your registration.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Only for the Open Edition. If you have a more advanced SKU you will loose
your registration.
Ah, thanks. Learned somthing new today.
Regards,