Re: VirtualPascal is dead

2005-05-03 12:13:56 AM
kylix0
Clearly! chances is null :( 2 ways only:
1) Lazarus and FreePascal
2) Write new IDE and CLX where basis OpenSource the compiler Borland!
Can be create voite and write the letter of users Kylix for its translation
on OpenSource?

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

"haword" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
Chad, when wait news for this? When end all problem in FreeCLX?
I dont know. Its completely in the hands of Borland right now. Maybe
tomorrow, maybe next month, maybe never.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu wrote:

Yes, we are well aware of all the issues. But working on CLX is the FIRST
step. If we cannot even make this first step, then the others do not
matter anyways.

You allready have the CLX library.
We allready upgraded the FreeCLX project to he point that
it is binary compatible with the CLX of Kylix 3.
So you have the source and the generator of libqtintf.
-->sourceforge.net/projects/qtforfpc/
look in cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/qtforfpc/qt2/FreeClx/
I also transformed this into a binding for Qt/Embedded (zaurus)
-->cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/qtforfpc/qte/
I didn't upload the adapted Qt/Embbeded generator,
It would need a huge README anyhow, with step by step instructions
to install it as it needs a Zaurus compatible development environment
(gcc,libc,... etc).
I use the Zaurus demolinux 3.0 iso.
-->ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/demolinux/Contrib/Zaurus/
So if anyone feels like upgrading this to a CLX on Qt3/4, feel free.
kind regards,
Den Jean

{smallsort}

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Den Jean < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
You allready have the CLX library.
And no rights to distribute all units. You have to rely on patches, which
often conflict with other patches. What I was speaking of was official,
consolidated updates which we do NOT have. There are also a few crticial bug
fixes which require some binary changes if we are to really move forward.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu