to Simon Kissel, about crossfpc

2005-11-24 05:37:46 PM
kylix1
Is there any news about your crossfpc project?
thanks,

Re:to Simon Kissel, about crossfpc

Is there any news about your crossfpc project?
We've recently added a bunch more betatesters. People with lots of
experience (we don't have to time to answer beginners questions)
with Kylix/CrossKylix/Linux may mail me for getting added to the
betatest.
It probably still will take 2-3 weeks until we're going to do a
public release.
Simon

Simon Kissel wrote:
We've recently added a bunch more betatesters. People with lots of
experience (we don't have to time to answer beginners questions)
with Kylix/CrossKylix/Linux may mail me for getting added to the
betatest.

It probably still will take 2-3 weeks until we're going to do a
public release.

Simon
With CrossFPC, you are compiling your Delphi source using FPC right?
Are you using the LCL or VCL? Can a Windows 64 binary be made? There
is a 64 bit FPC compiler for Windows.

{smallsort}

Bill Smith wrote:
With CrossFPC, you are compiling your Delphi source using FPC right?
Exactly.#
Are you using the LCL or VCL?
None of them. If you want a console application you use the FCL from the
FPC. If you want a GUI application CrossFPC uses primary the CLX.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

On 2005-11-25, Bill Smith < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Are you using the LCL or VCL? Can a Windows 64 binary be made?
There is a 64 bit FPC compiler for Windows.
No / not yet. Or at least not to my knowledge.
The FPC *nix targets have 64-bit support, Windows not yet.

Re:to Simon Kissel, about crossfpc

>We've recently added a bunch more betatesters. People with lots of
>experience (we don't have to time to answer beginners questions)
>with Kylix/CrossKylix/Linux may mail me for getting added to the
>betatest.
>
>It probably still will take 2-3 weeks until we're going to do a
>public release.
>
>Simon

With CrossFPC, you are compiling your Delphi source using FPC right?
Are you using the LCL or VCL? Can a Windows 64 binary be made? There
is a 64 bit FPC compiler for Windows.
Yes, FPC is used as the compiler. The FCL is used as a drop-in replacement
for the Delphi/Kylix RTL. As we currently only support Linux as a target,
we obviously don't test VCL but CLX compilation.
As Marco indicated, there currently is no 64Bit FPC compiler for windows
(however, work on that might be in progress). Personally, 64Bit windows
support is a very low priority for me right now. Neither the VCL nor CLX
is supporting 64Bits at the moment. Also Borland themselves are planning
to provide a 64Bit native Delphi compiler, so I'm also not convinced there
is any need to work on this in CrossFPC for the forseeable future.
Remember, CrossFPC is about filling a gap Borland has left by not supporting
their Linux customers. With CrossFPC we are not really interested in
"competeting" on platforms where Borland themselves are active on.
My personal goals (which closely follow my companys needs ;) for now are:
32Bit Linux, 64Bit Linux. For me, other platforms like FreeBSD, MacOS etc
are considered a "bonus".
Simon