Kylix Developers at Borland

2005-06-17 08:28:04 PM
kylix1
Just wondering..
Does anyone know how many of the Kylix 1-3 developers at Borland still
remain? What are they up to now?
One name I can think of is Danny Thorpe of course.
siegs

Re:Kylix Developers at Borland

Well, they for sure are not working on Kylix.......

SiegfriedN wrote:
Just wondering..

Does anyone know how many of the Kylix 1-3 developers at Borland
still remain? What are they up to now?

One name I can think of is Danny Thorpe of course.
I have always thought that Delphi, C++Builder, and Kylix were produced
by the same team. Although, I am not 100% sure about C++ Builder.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

{smallsort}

Robert Love wrote:
SiegfriedN wrote:

>Just wondering..
>
>Does anyone know how many of the Kylix 1-3 developers at Borland
>still remain? What are they up to now?
>
>One name I can think of is Danny Thorpe of course.

I have always thought that Delphi, C++Builder, and Kylix were produced
by the same team. Although, I am not 100% sure about C++ Builder.
Internal business unit names don't mean much, but at one point there was a
"RAD" team that developed Delphi, C++ Builder, the first releases of
JBuilder, and Kylix. Somewhere in there JBuilder did well enough to
warrant a team of it's own, and separated from the RAD team.
At the Delphi 8 launch, they announced the RAD team was renamed to the
.NET team, which didn't sit well with a lot of the Win32 folks in the
audience. Hence the disclaimers about team names not meaning a lot.
Somewhere in there C++BuilderX was built by someone besides the RAD team,
on the JBuilder IDE framework.
Now with C++ coming back into Delphi, I believe most of the folks on the
Delphi team were the same as the Kylix team, so if they were around when
Kylix was being developed, they're working on the next Delphi.
-Brion

Tony Caduto wrote:
Well, they for sure are not working on Kylix..
There is at least some Kylix-related work being done by Borland. Refer
to Siegfried's later post which refers to an interview with Danny
Thorpe.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]