Re: VirtualPascal is dead

2005-04-28 09:16:23 PM
kylix2
"Germ?n Pablo Gentile" <german dot gentile at {*word*104}iait dot com dot ar>wrote
in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
Anyway friends, why just dont talk in english? Or thats is a private
one?
No, its not private but he said that he's not very comfortable speakin gin
English.
My first language is not english, but i think is the only common way to
comunicate.
Yes, but many people have different levels of comfort. Germans generallly get
a lot of exposure to English as do the Dutch, so most that have some English
are pretty comfortable. Where as in Russia, English is not nearly as common
as in Germany and while technical people know some English, on average they
know much less and are far less comfortable in it.
He merely asked about Borlands plans for Kylix and if they planned to open
source it or not, the rest was just chatter about St Petersburg, and his
other options besides Kylix if Kylix will not "Awake".
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

.............. My first language is not english, but i think is the only
common way to
comunicate.
I'm sorry! I not good speak in english, i seen what in Chad speak in
russian and asked its in russian

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

On 04/28/2005 10:50 PM +0900, haword wrote:
>.............. My first language is not english, but i think is the only
>common way to
>comunicate.
I'm sorry! I not good speak in english, i seen what in Chad speak in
russian and asked its in russian
Harosho, Haword. This newsgroup needs some fun from time to time.
Reading your posts and understanding just a bit of it was fun. :)
Nu, vasha angliiski bolee horosho chem mya Ruskii. ;-)
I understood that line. It's true, too. :-)
Cheers,
trane
--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Trane Francks XXXX@XXXXX.COM Tokyo, Japan

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

On 2005-04-28, Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Yes, but many people have different levels of comfort. Germans generallly get
a lot of exposure to English as do the Dutch, so most that have some English
are pretty comfortable. Where as in Russia, English is not nearly as common
as in Germany and while technical people know some English, on average they
know much less and are far less comfortable in it.
It would be nice if sb fluent in Russian and English would translate though.

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu wrote:
Ed Purkiss < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :

>I am so tired of the "Life of Kylix" debate - Chad, what can
>we devoted users do to assist in the reanimation process? Personally,
>I use Kylix almost exclusively as an SO builder for Apache projects -
>there is almost no discussion about this enormously powerful
>combination. Is it simply that the P/L of extending our favorite
>language is not juicy enough to hold Borland's attention?

Ive posted a summary in "Kylix Community Project". Im not sure what users can
do other than just make some polite noise and put pressure on Borland.
... and keep a careful eye on the progress of Lazarus - apparently ZeosLib is
now working.

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

"Marco van de Voort" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
It would be nice if sb fluent in Russian and English would translate
though.
Believe me, they not said anything important or new. :-) I'm Russian too.

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Ne tochna. Borland hochet Open Source CLX, no ne IDE. Ne esyho, mozhet
beet
posle, no ne eshyo tochna.
Rough translation: "Borland want to open source CLX, but not IDE. Maybe
sometime, but not now."
Interesting, do they understand that buggy CLX is only part of problem? Open
sourcing CLX help not much to developers as wast number of problems is IDE
and compiler. Closed source dbExpress drivers also.

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Marco van de Voort < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
It would be nice if sb fluent in Russian and English would translate
though.
I posted a basic summary.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Harosho, Haword. This newsgroup needs some fun from time to time. Reading
your posts and understanding just a bit of it was fun. :)
:)
Nu, vasha angliiski bolee horosho chem mya Ruskii. ;-)
I understood that line. It's true, too. :-)
:)
Thanks!
?????

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

ありがとう

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

"Ender" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
Rough translation: "Borland want to open source CLX, but not IDE. Maybe
sometime, but not now."

Interesting, do they understand that buggy CLX is only part of problem?
Open sourcing CLX help not much to developers as wast number of problems
is IDE and compiler. Closed source dbExpress drivers also.
There are many legal and other issues such as proprietary knowledge in
opening up the compiler and IDE. Even this is a possibility in the future,
however the first step and the only possibility in the short term is the CLX
library.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu wrote:
Wow - now there is something interesting - Im really curious how this
happened. Now I see proper Russian in the message, but when I hit reply,
SOMETHING transribed the Russian characters into Latin transcription. It
didnt just replace but did a a proper transcription??? Xnews feature?? Aah
wait.. I see you did it down below and XNews just stripped out the Russian
on reply....

So the reply is transcribed because thats what my reader did. My mail
program and other support Russian but XNews doesnt seem to so...

Now if you can just try to understand below. :)
I'm starting to think that this guy is just kidding.

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <sekel@none>wrote in
>Now if you can just try to understand below. :)

I'm starting to think that this guy is just kidding.
Regarding what? My Russian isnt very good, but the intended recipient
understood it as did the other Russian speakers.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

"haword" <haword?@mail.ru>wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
mozhet byt' :) No ya ne zivy v Pitere, hotya mozhet byt' k koncu leta
budu
tam!
BTW, XNews can read Russian font if you encode it as you did last time, it
just doesnt seem to support me replying in Russian even though I have
Russian installed.
Im not sure if I'll be in St Petersburg before mid July, in fact it may be
September before I am able to return. I just left there a week ago for
Cyprus.
Ploho! Bez update Kylix i ego IDE u CLX ne budet buduyusego! Tak kak CLX
only for Kylix compiler! A Kylix compiler and IDE starymi stali. Na novyh
Linux ne
rabotayut horoso.
Yes, we are well aware of all the issues. But working on CLX is the FIRST
step. If we cannot even make this first step, then the others do not matter
anyways.
>Znaesh Borland est bolshoy offis v Piter? Eta okola nasha novie
kvartera,
>peshkom tree minutki.
Net :) Ya ne iz Pitera!
The office there is nearly 100% Java based anyways.
Blog: blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

Re:Re: VirtualPascal is dead

Yes, we are well aware of all the issues. But working on CLX is the FIRST
step. If we cannot even make this first step, then the others do not
matter
anyways.
Yes, first step need, but this step not must become last step in open source
Borland company!
Borland can lose users which uses Kylix. If this Borland not interests, then
will very bad :(
Chad, when wait news for this? When end all problem in FreeCLX?