64-bit platforms and Windows

2004-11-18 08:00:01 PM
kylix0
Our 64-bit architect pressured me to state that he will have Win64 running
in weeks if suitable binutils come out :-)

Re:64-bit platforms and Windows

On 2004-11-18, Dennis Landi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

"Marco van de Voort" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Our 64-bit architect pressured me to state that he will have Win64 running
>in weeks if suitable binutils come out :-)

Great (I think). Do you mean "suitable BinUtils" from Microsoft?
Who?
Or some other source?
FPC is compatible with GNU toolchain on nearly all platforms. So linking to both borland
products and M$ products will fail, but with gcc and derivates works, or could be made to
work.
As exact source there multiple choices (cygwin, mingw), but best would be MinGW

Re:64-bit platforms and Windows

"Marco van de Voort" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Our 64-bit architect pressured me to state that he will have Win64 running
in weeks if suitable binutils come out :-)

Great (I think). Do you mean "suitable BinUtils" from Microsoft? Or some
other source?
-d

{smallsort}

On 2004-11-18, Dennis Landi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>"Marco van de Voort" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Our 64-bit architect pressured me to state that he will have Win64
running
>>in weeks if suitable binutils come out :-)
>>

>Great (I think). Do you mean "suitable BinUtils" from Microsoft?

Who?

>Or some other source?

FPC is compatible with GNU toolchain on nearly all platforms. So linking
to both borland
products and M$ products will fail, but with gcc and derivates works, or
could be made to
work.

As exact source there multiple choices (cygwin, mingw), but best would be
MinGW
Oh, I see. Ok. And do we have anyway of finding out when MinGW will have
the suitable BinUtils?
Thanks.
-d

On 2004-11-18, Dennis Landi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>products and M$ products will fail, but with gcc and derivates works, or
could be made to
>work.
>
>As exact source there multiple choices (cygwin, mingw), but best would be
MinGW

Oh, I see. Ok. And do we have anyway of finding out when MinGW will have
the suitable BinUtils?
Best way is to keep an eye on their maillist and/or ask questions there.