Open Dialog Freeze - Suse 9.2

2005-05-04 08:31:35 PM
kylix0
I'm suffering the classic open-dialog freeze problem with Kylix3. I've
been using Kylix with no problems on a Suse 8.0 install for years. Now
I'm trying to set up a new machine using a clean Suse 9.2 install using
kernel 2.6.8-24.14-default.
I've added the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.6 workaround, and everything seems
to work except bringing up the open dialog freezes the IDE solid. I've
scoured the newsgroups over the last couple of days, trying out the
various solutions. I've installed as the local user, installed as root,
applied the unofficial patches, etc. Nothing seems to help.
I don't know if it is related but I have also noticed that my delphi69rc
seems to be getting corrupted on a regular basis; in particular the
Toolbars section.
Any ideas ?
TIA
Kevin McBrearty