Re: Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 3

2006-02-25 03:15:36 PM
kylix2
Paulo Marques wrote:
Ok, I found a brown paper bag bug in the stub that was probably making it fail in certain setups.

The new version has just been posted to borland.public.attachments. There is a README file in there with instructions.

I believe that this was the final bug, so it should now work for everybody (famous last words).

Even if you already tried previous versions and it worked for you, the previous versions might still fail under different conditions. This version is much more robust, so please give it a try.

--
Paulo Marques
Works for me. Thanks again.

Re:Re: Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 3

John Kelly wrote:
Paulo Marques wrote:
Works for me. Thanks again.

JohnK
Sorry this was premature of me. ... and I was confused about what
version worked for me. Here is the result of more careful testing...
ptrace1: Works. (This is the one with the mk script)
ptrace2: Gives the errors that seigfriedn is getting.
ptrace3: Works but causes intermittent freezes on startup.
Hope this helps
JohnK

Re:Re: Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 3

Paulo Marques wrote:
By the way, if by "freezes on startup" you mean kylix startup (and not
the application startup) then it is probably something completely
different.
Yes, the occasional freeze at startup seems to be unrelated to ptrace.
Sorry for any confusion. It's a new install on SuSE 10 and it looks
like a new problem. :-(
JohnK

{smallsort}