Board index » kylix » New CrossKylix Version (0.8) released
New CrossKylix Version (0.8) released
2004-07-03 07:24:57 AM
Ok, here are some news regarding CrossKylix - finally a new version
Changes since last version:
- Now is able to compile CLX applications (thanks Danny)
- Does now work on SMP/hyperthreading machines (thanks Andreas)
- Tons of bugfixes, all reported bugs and problems fixed
- Easy to use Installer for installing Kylix binaries
- Creates a patched Libc.pas during installation, allowing super-easy
For those who didn't read the thread regarding CrossKylix below, here
are the Features (some new stuff in this version):
- Allows you to compile native Linux applications from inside the
Windows Delphi IDE Console projects, packages and visual CLX
applications are fully supported
- CrossKylix is perfectly integrated into the Delphi IDE - you will
get compile warnings, hints and error messages, and be able to jump
to the lines in question by clicking on the message pane the same
way as with the internal Delphi windows compiler
- Makes Kylix Application deployment easier than ever - no need to
install Kylix shared objects to /usr/lib, no need to create startup
scripts for your Application
- Very high Linux emulation speed - low compile times
- It's free! :)
Download 0.8 at crosskylix.untergrund.net
Please make sure you fully read the new instructions on the website!
Please report bugs, but only after you've read the documentation and
tried to find the problem yourself.
Upgrade instructions for existing CrossKylix testers in this group:
Best is to start from scratch, including the Kylix installation.
- Remove the crosskylix package from Delphi
- Delete c:\crosskylix completely
- Follow new installation instructions at the website.
Thanks for supporting CrossKylix!