CLX TTreeView is Kylix

2003-10-29 01:09:45 AM
kylix2
I am writing a little utility that I want to work on both windows and linux
so its a CLX app....
Question: How does the tTreeview control work in Kylix 3? I see from
googling that there were problems with in in ealier version of Kylix... but
some indication that those problems were fixed.
Looking forward to hear from somebody who is using it in a deployed app...
Thanks.
-dennis

Re:CLX TTreeView is Kylix

Never mind. A few hours playing with the CLX treeview has convinced me to
stay FAR away from it...

--
"A man's character is his fate."
- Heraclitus, ancient Greek historian

Re:CLX TTreeView is Kylix

Dennis Landi wrote:
TVirtualTreeView for Kylix (Delphi) is a (very) good replacemen
(www.delphi-gems.com)
--
Regards
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:CLX TTreeView is Kylix

Didn't know about that, thanks.
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Dennis Landi wrote:

TVirtualTreeView for Kylix (Delphi) is a (very) good replacemen
(www.delphi-gems.com)

--
Regards

Andreas Hausladen
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu unofficial VisualCLX patches)

Re:CLX TTreeView is Kylix

DL>I am writing a little utility that I want to work on both windows
DL>and linux so its a CLX app....
DL>Question: How does the tTreeview control work in Kylix 3? I see
DL>from googling that there were problems with in in ealier version of
DL>Kylix... but some indication that those problems were fixed.
There is no Borland's fixes for TTreeView. It slow as in times of K1. There
is unofficial patch, maybe it fix something.
DL>Looking forward to hear from somebody who is using it in a deployed
DL>app...
Some time i used it in deployed apps. Now i'm totally dropped TTreeView and
replaced it with Virtual TreeView from Delphi Gems site.

Re:CLX TTreeView is Kylix

Ender wrote:
There is no Borland's fixes for TTreeView. It slow as in times of K1.
There is unofficial patch, maybe it fix something.
No. It only fixes an AV.
--
Regards
Andreas Hausladen
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu unofficial VisualCLX patches)

Re:CLX TTreeView is Kylix

Really?
I have a deployed application on both Windows and Linux with a couple of
treeviews and have had few if any difficulties.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Wendy Carson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Really?

I have a deployed application on both Windows and Linux with a couple of
treeviews and have had few if any difficulties.

It just slow for rapid tree traversal. I am using it now for the first cut
of the app; but, its just a place-holder for tVirtualTreeview which I will
plug-in soon. I am holding off on implementing certain rapid traversals
until I do that. It also looks very primitive to me...
-dennis