Borland Conference USA

2003-10-13 08:49:38 PM
kylix2
"19 days until the 2003 Borland Conference USA
Come learn about Java, .NET, mobile, Web Services, Linux, and more.
Attendees receive a special 50% discount on select Borland products!
Register now!"
Is someone going to participate in this conference? Please ask Borlanders
directly, looking in their eyes, what their intentions about Linux and
Kylix.
1. What they plan to do with Kylix?
2. What current state of Kylix development and maintenance process?

Re:Borland Conference USA

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:49:38 +0600, "Ender" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Is someone going to participate in this conference? Please ask Borlanders
directly, looking in their eyes, what their intentions about Linux and
Kylix.

Should we wear capes, too? This still may not work if they resort to
wearing garlic necklaces ;-)

Re:Borland Conference USA

Ender wrote:
Is someone going to participate in this conference? Please ask
Borlanders directly, looking in their eyes, what their intentions
about Linux and Kylix.

1. What they plan to do with Kylix?
FWIW, I've been asking. No need to go to a conference to do so <g>
OTOH, I probably still know about as much as you do.
I'll ask again whilst at the conference, though.
--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Re:Borland Conference USA

Dave Nottage (TeamB) wrote:
FWIW, I've been asking. No need to go to a conference to do so <g>
OTOH, I probably still know about as much as you do.
I'll ask again whilst at the conference, though.
This will be great! But please don't let them made common statements that
may be interpretet in ten variants.
We all already read such words from their representatives like: "We doing
serious work to raise quality of our development products" (rough
translation from personal letter), "Kylix is N1 development tool for Linux"
(somebody in newsgroups, probably Danny Thorpe)
I think you should make polite but straight refusal for such answers. If
they don't know what they plan to do with Kylix let they say: "We don't
know".
Survey for borlanders. Possible answers are:
Yes; No; Don't know; Know, but won't say
1. Is there plans to release new (updated and fixed) Kylix 4 version?
2. Is there plans to release update pack for K3 that fix majority of bugs
entered into QC? "Majority" = "nearly all except for extremelly tough"
3. Is there plans to test and ensure compatibility with latest Linux
releases - SuSe, Mandrake, RedHat, ALT Linux, Debian?

Re:Borland Conference USA

"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote...
FWIW, I've been asking. No need to go to a conference to do so <g>

OTOH, I probably still know about as much as you do.

I'll ask again whilst at the conference, though.
Oooh, oooh, oooh - if Dale takes questions from the floor again, and hands out
money again, maybe this will be *my* question? No, maybe I'll encourage Ray
Lischner, assuming he appears. Now that OTA's all documented & stuff... <g>
--
-Brion
Team JEDI, 2001 Spirit of Delphi Award Winners

Re:Borland Conference USA

Ender wrote:
This will be great! But please don't let them made common statements
that may be interpretet in ten variants.

Survey for borlanders. Possible answers are:
Yes; No; Don't know; Know, but won't say

1. Is there plans to release new (updated and fixed) Kylix 4 version?
2. Is there plans to release update pack for K3 that fix majority of
bugs entered into QC? "Majority" = "nearly all except for extremelly
tough" 3. Is there plans to test and ensure compatibility with latest
Linux releases - SuSe, Mandrake, RedHat, ALT Linux, Debian?
I'll ask all of those.
--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)