Re: What Danny said...

2004-06-11 12:24:39 AM
kylix0
John Jacobson schrieb:
Max wrote:

>Freepascal/Lazarus bugs get fixed within some days :-)

LOL. When is that ever going to be a solid release?
I've had far less problems with Lazarus
than Kylix.
Martin

Re:Re: What Danny said...

Martin Waldenburg wrote:
I used a CVS checkout. And I don't remember the exact day. But after some
issues while compilig Lazarus that I could solve, the first start of
Lazarus brought me the "missing config" messagebox. So I set up the
directories and so on. Then I browsed through the different dialogs and
... crash. The I wanted to restart Lazarus but had no success due to an
access violation. After I had deleted all configuration files Lazarus
could be restarted. I set up the directories and quit Lazarus. Next start
... crash.
I tracked down this bug (but I cannot remember, sorry) and could not fix
it, because the source code is a little bit to "complicated" for someone
who has not written it.
Kylix is in that case better. Either it starts or not. But it is not a
"try one delete config try next" application.
Maybe I had check out the source in a critical state. I try it almost
every month.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: What Danny said...

Get the latest freepascal snap (v1.9.5), the latest lazarus snap,
close your wide opened eyes and forget Kylix.
"John Jacobson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Max wrote:

>Freepascal/Lazarus bugs get fixed within some days :-)

LOL. When is that ever going to be a solid release?

{smallsort}

Re:Re: What Danny said...

"John Jacobson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
LOL. When is that ever going to be a solid release?
Probably well before Kylix. :)
--
Iman

Re:Re: What Danny said...

"John Jacobson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
LOL. That must be why I'm using Internet Professional 5.0 for my
newsreader, along with Orpheus 5, and have Orpheus.NET installed in D8.
So you don't use indy? kbmMemTable is pretty sweet along with Virtual
Treeview, and Firebird.
--
Iman

Re:Re: What Danny said...

I am using Lazarus since half a year. Without problem. Sometimes you get a
buggy CVS version,
but that will be fixed very soon. The most common beginner problem is the
cfg file for the fpc compiler.
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:40c88f40$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Martin Waldenburg wrote:

[...]

Jeff Undercash wrote:
Imagine where we would be right now if D7 was open source.
I looked ..... but couldn't find your smiley <g>
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC

Re:Re: What Danny said...

John Jacobson wrote:
Jeff Undercash wrote:

>With open source, bugs are found, fixes are incorporated into the
>code base and evolution occurs.

LOL. That must be why I'm using Internet Professional 5.0 for my
newsreader, along with Orpheus 5, and have Orpheus.NET installed in D8.
Ever used the Delphi VCL?
Most of the Delphi VCL is Open Source!
Ever heard of Commercial Open Source?
good luck :)