Re: ANN: Universal Object Pascal Library (UOPL)

2004-11-09 03:30:19 PM
kylix1
Thomas Miller wrote:
LCL isn't bad, but it doesn't support
Delphi. You sound like you are very involved with the project. If you
can convince them to include Delphi compatibility
Last year I offered them a Delphi compatible LCL version but they rejected
it because that would have meant that the must use IFDEFs. And they loved
the operator overloading FPC supports.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: ANN: Universal Object Pascal Library (UOPL)

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thomas Miller wrote:

>LCL isn't bad, but it doesn't support
>Delphi. You sound like you are very involved with the project. If you
>can convince them to include Delphi compatibility

Last year I offered them a Delphi compatible LCL version but they rejected
it because that would have meant that the must use IFDEFs. And they loved
the operator overloading FPC supports.

Well, the UOPL group, won't reject it. Do you still have this code? And
would you be willing to donate it to UOPL?
-d

Dennis Landi wrote:
Well, the UOPL group, won't reject it. Do you still have this code? And
would you be willing to donate it to UOPL?
I kept it for about 10 months but then it was too outdated and so I
deleted it.

{smallsort}

Dennis Landi wrote:

>Well, the UOPL group, won't reject it. Do you still have this code?
And
>would you be willing to donate it to UOPL?

I kept it for about 10 months but then it was too outdated and so I
deleted it.

Then I encourage you to join the UOPL group. Since you've already done this
once, your expertise would be invaluable.
-d

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Thomas Miller wrote:

>LCL isn't bad, but it doesn't support
>Delphi. You sound like you are very involved with the project. If you
>can convince them to include Delphi compatibility

Last year I offered them a Delphi compatible LCL version but they rejected
it because that would have meant that the must use IFDEFs. And they loved
the operator overloading FPC supports.

I got the same impression, i.e., I can do everything I want
with Lazarus so why should I care about Delphi. Because the
your potential customer / users care about Delphi.
I hope you will join the project!!! We could really use
your experience.
--
Thomas Miller
Wash DC Delphi SIG Chairperson

Dennis Landi wrote:
Then I encourage you to join the UOPL group. Since you've already done
this once, your expertise would be invaluable.
Sorry, but I'm involved in too many projects and so I do not have the time
to take part in another project. Even the unofficial VisualCLX patches are
suspended at the moment.
--

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Sorry, but I'm involved in too many projects and so I do not have the
time to take part in another project. Even the unofficial VisualCLX
patches are suspended at the moment.
Oh wait, I have a backup of the folder. The zip file contains a convert
application with source that changes all filenames to LclXxx.pas and back.
andy.jgknet.de/oss/Delphi/Delphi6_lcl.zip (1.5 MB)
But keep in mind that this LCL code is one year old (minus 6 days or so).
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: ANN: Universal Object Pascal Library (UOPL)

Thank you!

Re:Re: ANN: Universal Object Pascal Library (UOPL)

Andreas,
Thanks for the code. I am hoping you will join the
architect list so you can point out when you think we are
doing something really stupid. At least you will know what
we are doing :-) .