Re: Problem

2006-02-22 04:58:22 AM
kylix0
SiegfriedN schrubte am Dienstag 21 Februar 2006 15:04:
It was a clean re-install- I only kept /home intact..
And your kylix-installation is in your Home-directory or is it systemwide
(in /usr/local)?
regards, Jens
--
Die oben angegebene Adresse ist OK, wird aber nicht gelesen. Wenn direkter
Mailkontakt gewŁnscht wird, bitte spamtrap gegen jens<punkt>nixdorf

Re:Re: Problem

Jens Nixdorf wrote:
And your kylix-installation is in your Home-directory or is it systemwide
(in /usr/local)?
/usr/local/kylix3
I reinstalled Kylix from scratch as well and then applied the unofficial
patch k3patchesnc.3.9.tar.bz2. Kylix installed under root.
Siegs

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:
>ERROR: id.so: object '/usr/lib/ptrace_interposer.so' from LD_PRELOAD
>cannot be preloaded: ignored.

This is the real problem. If the library isn't getting loaded, then it probably isn't doing much ;)
I have established that I only get this error when I actually delete
ptrace_interposer.so thus I must assume that it IS actually loaded and
something else is preventing it from working..
Siegs

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Problem

siegfriedn wrote:
I followed the instruction, but I get the following errors when I turn
the internal de{*word*81} on and run a default application.

I am running a valilla Suse 10 with the latest online updates.

The following error messages are displayed.

De{*word*81} Internal Error XDB-543
De{*word*81} Internal Error UTI-541
De{*word*81} Internal Error XDB-550
De{*word*81} Internal Error XDB-632
De{*word*81} Internal Error UTI-269 and then it gets stuck here.

I had the same problem, but after recompiling ptrace_interposer.so it's
gone away.
Another happy user on:
sos root # uname -a
Linux sos 2.6.11-gentoo-r6 #1 SMP Fri Apr 15 12:39:07 EST 2005 i686
Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 1.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Thank you Paulo. It just shows, anything is possible; you just have to
keep your mind open.
Alex

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:
..
and it gets stuck too.

If this is the case, then this is a real problem with the interposer not
working properly with your setup.
SUSE 10 fails..
Could be a lot of variables! <g>
I have installed SUSE 10 again on another machine (which came with the
Linux Format Magazine - it would be interesting to know which version of
SUSE 10 the others are using..) completely from scratch without online
updates and installed kylix3 enterprise from the borland CD.
I downloaded the latest version of ptrace_interposer from the
attachments group and compiled and setup the startdelphi script.
Same problem, but with different messages, but I was able to do a
Run-Reset from within the ide.
---------
Suse 9.3 prof (which came from a Linux Magazine) works!
I installed ptrace_interposer on antother machine that had SUSE 9.3 prof
on and it worked perfectly! At least I can use this one to debug for now :)
Next test would be to try the SUSE 10 that came with the Linux
Magazine.. you never know..
Is the code you're trying to debug multi-threaded?
No, just the basic default kylix New Application..
I've uploaded a new version (completely untested, because I don't have a
Kylix setup at hand right now) to borland.public.attachments.
Works with SUSE 9.3, but not with 'my' SUSE 10 setup

This one has a proper "Makefile" so you just need to run "make" to build
it.
I could not use 'make Makefile' nor 'make ./Makefile'. I just made
Makefile executable and it compiled ok. I had to run the second line in
the script on it's own since an error message was displayed.
'ptrace_interposer.so :: command not found' just to be sure.
Thanks for the help so far :)
Siegs

Re:Re: Problem

for the record. SUSE 10 from the Linux Magazine (has no gcc !) gives the
same result as the Linux Format SUSE 10..

Re:Re: Problem

siegfriedn wrote:
Paulo Marques wrote:
SUSE 10 fails..
Could be a lot of variables! <g>
[...]
Same problem, but with different messages, but I was able to do a
Run-Reset from within the ide.
This doesn't give much info as to why it is happening...
Suse 9.3 prof (which came from a Linux Magazine) works!

I installed ptrace_interposer on antother machine that had SUSE 9.3 prof
on and it worked perfectly! At least I can use this one to debug for now :)

Next test would be to try the SUSE 10 that came with the Linux
Magazine.. you never know..
Since there are other Suse 10's working there is a good chance that this
migth work...
>Is the code you're trying to debug multi-threaded?

No, just the basic default kylix New Application..
Ok, one other datapoint: is your processor hyperthreaded / multi-core?
If it is, does it change anything to disable this in the BIOS?
>I've uploaded a new version (completely untested, because I don't have a
>Kylix setup at hand right now) to borland.public.attachments.

Works with SUSE 9.3, but not with 'my' SUSE 10 setup
At least now is not completely untested. Since noone else complained I
assume that it works for other people too.
>This one has a proper "Makefile" so you just need to run "make" to build
>it.

I could not use 'make Makefile' nor 'make ./Makefile'.
No, no. You just run "make". The default name for the makefile is
"Makefile" so it should just work.
To give make a different filename to work with you use "make -f
<filename>". "man" is your friend (*) :)
I just made
Makefile executable and it compiled ok. I had to run the second line in
the script on it's own since an error message was displayed.
'ptrace_interposer.so :: command not found' just to be sure.
Please try to compile it using "make" only.
Thanks for the help so far :)
No, thank you for your help debugging this ;)
It will be really hard to debug this without having a setup that shows
the problem.
Do you think it would be possible for me to open an ssh session in your
box and do some debugging while "talking" to you using an instant
messenger or IRC?
(*) specially using kde, where you can just do Alt-F2 and type
"man:make" to see the makefile in a HTML-like format with hyperlinks and
stuff :)

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:
siegfriedn wrote:
>Paulo Marques wrote:
>SUSE 10 fails..
>Could be a lot of variables! <g>
>[...]
>Same problem, but with different messages, but I was able to do a
>Run-Reset from within the ide.

This doesn't give much info as to why it is happening...

>Suse 9.3 prof (which came from a Linux Magazine) works!
>
>I installed ptrace_interposer on antother machine that had SUSE 9.3 prof
>on and it worked perfectly! At least I can use this one to debug for
>now :)
>
>Next test would be to try the SUSE 10 that came with the Linux
>Magazine.. you never know..

Since there are other Suse 10's working there is a good chance that this
migth work...

>>Is the code you're trying to debug multi-threaded?
>
>No, just the basic default kylix New Application..

Ok, one other datapoint: is your processor hyperthreaded / multi-core?
If it is, does it change anything to disable this in the BIOS?

>>I've uploaded a new version (completely untested, because I don't have a
>>Kylix setup at hand right now) to borland.public.attachments.
>
>Works with SUSE 9.3, but not with 'my' SUSE 10 setup

At least now is not completely untested. Since noone else complained I
assume that it works for other people too.

>>This one has a proper "Makefile" so you just need to run "make" to build
>>it.
>
>I could not use 'make Makefile' nor 'make ./Makefile'.

No, no. You just run "make". The default name for the makefile is
"Makefile" so it should just work.

To give make a different filename to work with you use "make -f
<filename>". "man" is your friend (*) :)

>I just made
>Makefile executable and it compiled ok. I had to run the second line in
>the script on it's own since an error message was displayed.
>'ptrace_interposer.so :: command not found' just to be sure.

Please try to compile it using "make" only.

>Thanks for the help so far :)

No, thank you for your help debugging this ;)

It will be really hard to debug this without having a setup that shows
the problem.

Do you think it would be possible for me to open an ssh session in your
box and do some debugging while "talking" to you using an instant
messenger or IRC?

--
Paulo Marques

(*) specially using kde, where you can just do Alt-F2 and type
"man:make" to see the makefile in a HTML-like format with hyperlinks and
stuff :)
For the record, I was getting the exact same errors as siegfreidn with
the first version of your code. The second version posted on the 22nd
fixed it for me. Thanks very much and well done!
My system is Suse 10 and 'cat /proc/version' says
Linux version 2.6.13-15-smp (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.0.2
20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)) #1 SMP Tue Sep 13 14:56:15 UTC 2005
The PC is a P4 with Hyperthreading. (I tried it with HT off with no
difference)
My Kylix is Kylix3 OE with all available Borland patches and AH's 3.8.1
patch.
Thanks again.
JohnK

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:

Please try to compile it using "make" only.

tried it with 'make -f Makefile' with make same result.
Do you think it would be possible for me to open an ssh session in your
box and do some debugging while "talking" to you using an instant
messenger or IRC?
I will contact you about the details..
Thanks,
Siegs

Re:Re: Problem

Hamid Kachkachi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
After using ptrace3.tar.gz as indicated in your last post, Delphi starts
fine (except for the fonts), but upon compiling (a simple button on the
interface), I get the errors

De{*word*81} Internal Error XEV-390
De{*word*81} Internal Error XPR-444
De{*word*81} Internal Error XPR-543

and then nothing more happens.

doing ./startdelphi>output.txt and then Ctl-C produces an empty file.
You probably forgot to uncomment the "#define DEBUG" and recompiling before running "./startdelphi>output.txt". This _must_ produce some output.
Please try to grab that output, because it is crucial to figure out what's going on.
P.S. What about startbcb?
I personally don't use the C++ version (although I program more in C++ than Delphi), so I really can't say. From other posts it seems the linker still has problems, though.

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:
siegfriedn wrote:
>Paulo Marques wrote:
>
>>>ERROR: id.so: object '/usr/lib/ptrace_interposer.so' from LD_PRELOAD
>>>cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>>
>>This is the real problem. If the library isn't getting loaded, then
>>it probably isn't doing much ;)
>
>I have established that I only get this error when I actually delete
>ptrace_interposer.so thus I must assume that it IS actually loaded and
>something else is preventing it from working..

Ok, then just to clarify: if the library isn't loaded for some reason
you get on the console:

"ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/ptrace_interposer.so' from LD_PRELOAD
cannot be preloaded: ignored."

and the de{*word*81} just hangs.

If it is loaded you get dialog messages saying:

De{*word*81} Internal Error XDB-543
De{*word*81} Internal Error UTI-541

and it gets stuck too.

If this is the case, then this is a real problem with the interposer not
working properly with your setup.

Is the code you're trying to debug multi-threaded?

I've uploaded a new version (completely untested, because I don't have a
Kylix setup at hand right now) to borland.public.attachments.

Can you try it out and see if it fixes it for you?

This one has a proper "Makefile" so you just need to run "make" to build
it.

--
Paulo Marques
After using ptrace3.tar.gz as indicated in your last post, Delphi starts
fine (except for the fonts), but upon compiling (a simple button on the
interface), I get the errors
De{*word*81} Internal Error XEV-390
De{*word*81} Internal Error XPR-444
De{*word*81} Internal Error XPR-543
and then nothing more happens.
doing ./startdelphi>output.txt and then Ctl-C produces an empty file.
Cheers,
Hamid
P.S. What about startbcb?

Re:Re: Problem

Hamid Kachkachi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
Sorry, but I did uncomment the "#define DEBUG", but the output is still
empty. I don't understand what's going on.
Never mind... I just found a new bug and posted a new version. Please test with that one.

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:
Hamid Kachkachi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...]
>After using ptrace3.tar.gz as indicated in your last post, Delphi starts
>fine (except for the fonts), but upon compiling (a simple button on the
>interface), I get the errors
>
>De{*word*81} Internal Error XEV-390
>De{*word*81} Internal Error XPR-444
>De{*word*81} Internal Error XPR-543
>
>and then nothing more happens.
>
>doing ./startdelphi>output.txt and then Ctl-C produces an empty file.

You probably forgot to uncomment the "#define DEBUG" and recompiling before running "./startdelphi>output.txt". This _must_ produce some output.

Please try to grab that output, because it is crucial to figure out what's going on.

>P.S. What about startbcb?

I personally don't use the C++ version (although I program more in C++ than Delphi), so I really can't say. From other posts it seems the linker still has problems, though.

--
Paulo Marques

Sorry, but I did uncomment the "#define DEBUG", but the output is still
empty. I don't understand what's going on.
cheers,
Hamid

Re:Re: Problem

Paulo Marques wrote:
Hamid Kachkachi < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...]
>Sorry, but I did uncomment the "#define DEBUG", but the output is still
>empty. I don't understand what's going on.

Never mind... I just found a new bug and posted a new version. Please test with that one.

--
Paulo Marques

Sorry to deceive you again, but doesn't work with ptrace4 either.
Ok, I don't want to use up your time, so forget it, I'll wait until
things are ironed out.
I'll have to use C++Builder under windows in the meantime.
Many thanks for your endeavour.
Hamid
P.S. I've tried with both SuSE 10.0 and ubuntu/kubuntu 5.10. I can read
here and there that the problem of kylix3/SuSE10.0 has been solved but
for me it's still fighting...just frustrating.

Re:Re: Problem

Hello World,
I stuck with this issues.
I'm using Borland C++ Builder 6.0
I have Crystal Report 8.5 IDE installed.
I want to generate Crystal Report File throgh C++ Builder 6.0 at runtime.
How can i do this???..
Please explain me in detail, because i am very new to these products.
Thank you very much for your replies.
SAIK