Re: Kylix announcement made at BorCon...

2004-09-15 07:21:41 PM
kylix0
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Not at this time.
I was afraid of that. <g>
Keep us updated.
--
Leonel
www.techtips.com.br

Re:Re: Kylix announcement made at BorCon...

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:16:19 +0200, "Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Leonel wrote:

>Can you comment on the consequences of this?

Not at this time.
Can you comment on the possibility that the QT requirement of the CLX can be removed?
Possibly to be replaced with perhaps wxWidgets or some other cross platform library?
Ryan.

Ryan Mills wrote:
Can you comment on the possibility that the QT requirement of the CLX can
be removed? Possibly to be replaced with perhaps wxWidgets or some other
cross platform library?
I have not thought about this because the VisualCLX is based on Qt and it is
easier to port it to Qt 3 than it would be to port it to another widget
framework which means to rewrite almost the whole library. And we have no
Kylix import units for this. I do not know if "my" C Wrapper generator can
handle wxWidget's files.
Regards,
Andreas Hausalden

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Kylix announcement made at BorCon...

From Robert Love's Blog at
peakxml.com/archive/2004/09/13/557.aspx
Announced at the start of the Meet the Delphi Team session...
------------------------------------
Kylix Community Project - Admin Team: Borland Chad Hower, Andreas
Hausladen, and Olaf Monien
This is to Improve the Clx Library
-------------------------------------
Notice. There is no any word about compiler or IDE itself. Most buggy
parts of Kylix - dbExpress drivers, IDE looks remain untouched. I think
Borland just trying to make good face with bad play. Translate what they
say with that "project": "Look, we do something with Kylix, however we
do not want to spend any reasonable amount of resources to make Kylix
live again." Still same "between life and death" state.
Maybe Anders had some details?

On 2004-09-15, Ryan Mills < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:16:19 +0200, "Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Leonel wrote:
>
>>Can you comment on the consequences of this?
>
>Not at this time.

Can you comment on the possibility that the QT requirement of the CLX can
be removed? Possibly to be replaced with perhaps wxWidgets or some other
cross platform library?
Doesn't sb already have such license with (a retail, not student) Kylix?