Re: 24 Mar 2005: Mono 1.1.5

2005-04-14 03:44:25 PM
kylix2

In wx.Net yes. Someone could write a designer for it, though. There are
some designers for Gtk#, which should work on mono too. They could be
adapted to generate Delphi code.

wxglade.sourceforge.net/
" Description
wxGlade is a GUI designer written in Python with the popular GUI toolkit
wxPython, that helps you create wxWidgets/wxPython user interfaces. At
the moment it can generate Python, C++ and XRC (wxWidgets' XML
resources) code. "
Not .Net and no Delphi code yet. But supposedly it can be adapted.
-Michael

Re:Re: 24 Mar 2005: Mono 1.1.5

Michael Schnell wrote:
Not .Net and no Delphi code yet. But supposedly it can be adapted.
I recall seeing a .net port of that designer, possibly in the mono cvs.
I might be wrong, though.
--
Leonel

Re:Re: 24 Mar 2005: Mono 1.1.5

I recall seeing a .net port of that designer, possibly in the mono cvs.
Seems like a logical move. I found a Python compiler that emits .NET
code ("native" CIL assemblies) ans with this makes the python program
run faster (they say 1.7 times) than with a usual Python interpreter.
www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/9/
-Michael

{smallsort}

Re:Re: 24 Mar 2005: Mono 1.1.5

Michael Schnell wrote:
Seems like a logical move. I found a Python compiler that emits .NET
code ("native" CIL assemblies) ans with this makes the python program
run faster (they say 1.7 times) than with a usual Python interpreter.
I had heard about Iron Python. Interesting that the .Net version is
faster.
--
Leonel

Re:Re: 24 Mar 2005: Mono 1.1.5

I had heard about Iron Python. Interesting that the .Net version is
faster.

No wonder at all.
I even would have estimated that it would be at least 5 times faster.
AFAIK, the Python interpreter is just a step by step byte code
interpreter, while the CIL Framework is an "ahead of time" compiler that
compiles all or some of the CIL code to native machine code before
executing it.
-Michael

Re:Re: 24 Mar 2005: Mono 1.1.5

Michael Schnell wrote:
AFAIK, the Python interpreter is just a step by step byte code
interpreter, while the CIL Framework is an "ahead of time" compiler
that compiles all or some of the CIL code to native machine code
before executing it.
Of course, it makes perfect sense. I was surprised because I hadn't
considered that Python was interpreted.
There's going to be a large Python event near where I live by the end
of month. I'm seriously considering attending to learn more about
python. I always liked the language, but haven't explored it much.
--
Leonel