Re: Fedora 3, Kylix 3

2005-04-15 02:54:34 AM
kylix0
There are some posts regarding Fedora Core 3 in the
b.p.kylix.distros-compatibility group. For example, if your Fedora Core 3 has
all the latest updates installed, you will have GUI problems, see post:
"Beware of updates to Fedora Core 3 - Kylix broke"
See also post:
"Kylix3 Ent on Fedora Core 3 - Success!"
Currently, I have Kylix (Delphi language part) running pretty good on FC3. I
haven't done much GUI development, mostly command line stuff.
Regards,
Wayne Sherman
Las Vegas
"Liz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Ive got a copy of Open Kylix 3, and Ive tried to install it, all went
well.. The registration process seems a bit unhappy in that it says to
go to borland where theres no blatent signs of registering any more,
but thankfully I have an old backup and replacing the registry.slm file
worked... but...

The fonts are all 1 pixel high.... I cant see NUFFIN.

Any ideas??

Re:Re: Fedora 3, Kylix 3

Hi,

Wayne Sherman wrote:
There are some posts regarding Fedora Core 3 in the
b.p.kylix.distros-compatibility group. For example, if your Fedora
Core 3 has all the latest updates installed, you will have GUI
problems, see post: "Beware of updates to Fedora Core 3 - Kylix
broke"

See also post:
"Kylix3 Ent on Fedora Core 3 - Success!"

Currently, I have Kylix (Delphi language part) running pretty good on
FC3. I haven't done much GUI development, mostly command line stuff.
No offense but this is like the 3rd post already, finding what people
deem to be "the right group" is tiresome and much as I love delphi,
having to wade and download countless posts to find the one which says
"type this" is hard going..
Thanks for replying, but, I can see an uninstall coming on.. I got it
working on slackware a long time ago, but, I recently did a new box to
run vmware on and thought it would be nice to have kylix on it.. Im
rapidly wondering if to just stuff it and not.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Fedora 3, Kylix 3

Wayne Sherman wrote:
There are some posts regarding Fedora Core 3 in the
b.p.kylix.distros-compatibility group. For example, if your Fedora
Core 3 has all the latest updates installed, you will have GUI
problems, see post: "Beware of updates to Fedora Core 3 - Kylix
broke"

See also post:
"Kylix3 Ent on Fedora Core 3 - Success!"

Currently, I have Kylix (Delphi language part) running pretty good on
FC3. I haven't done much GUI development, mostly command line stuff.
Additionally, please note, it ran, it runs (when it feels like it)
perfectly well except the menu font size seems 0.. which Ive seen a few
posts on, but no replies to say "type this" ....
Occasionally it like freaks out and the menu at the top fills the
screen and well you cant see anything for toffee.. Closing it down and
restarting often fixes.. (just freaky!)
Was hoping to make an X front end to a script generation thing at work,
but, its late now and the flesh is no longer willing and the mind is
thinking of sleep not code.

Re:Re: Fedora 3, Kylix 3

No offense but this is like the 3rd post already, finding what people
deem to be "the right group" is tiresome and much as I love delphi,
having to wade and download countless posts to find the one which says
"type this" is hard going..
If you are going to try to use Kylix with newer distros, there is no
guarantee of success, and usually it take some work. As far as finding those
posts I mentioned, it is not difficult. If you don't want to use your
newsgroup reader software then you can use google groups:
1) Go to google groups (groups.google.com/)
2) Put this into search terms: Beware of updates to Fedora Core 3 Kylix broke
3) Use this for the other thread: Kylix3 Ent on Fedora Core 3 Success
Best Regards,
Wayne Sherman
Las Vegas

Re:Re: Fedora 3, Kylix 3

Have you tried Lazarus?
www.lazarus.freepascal.org
Kylix has become a waste of time and effort - a pity but true.