Button positioning problem

2006-06-02 06:15:11 PM
kylix0
We have a CLX application using THotSpeedButtons (inherited from
TGraphicControl). We have seen screen dumps where the buttons 'move' on
Dell Dimension PCs using wide screen monitors. We have a 'show
metrics' window that tells us the position of one of the button that
moves the most and although on the form at design time it is anchored
to the top left at 629 left and 470 top, it has changed its position to
733 left and 438 top at runtime. Also its dimensions have changed from
25 high to 27 and its width from 106 to 124. The reported resolution is
still 1024 x 768 at 96 ppi. We think some sort of scaling recalculation
is taking place to correct for the wide screen ratio and this is
messing up the button position. Other apps using the VCL do not suffer
on these machines, so it seems to be related to CLX on wide screen with
possible other factors (MS Office?). Anyone have an ideas?

Re:Button positioning problem

On 2 Jun 2006 03:15:11 -0700, Bert wrote:
Anyone have an ideas?
Hoi Bert
You need to repost your message on the Borland news server to make
everybody see it and possibly answer your message.
How to post to Delphi newsgroups:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>

Re:Button positioning problem

Reposted through newsgroups.borland.com
We have a CLX application using THotSpeedButtons (inherited from
TGraphicControl). We have seen screen dumps where the buttons 'move' on Dell Dimension PCs using wide screen monitors. We have a 'show metrics' window that tells us the position of one of the buttons that moves the most and although on the form at design time it is anchored to the top left at 629 left and 470 top, it has changed its position to 733 left and 438 top at runtime. Also its dimensions have changed from 25 high to 27 and its width from 106 to 124. The reported resolution is still 1024 x 768 at 96 ppi. We think some sort of scaling recalculation is taking place to correct for the wide screen ratio and this is messing up the button position. Other apps using the VCL do not suffer on these machines, so it seems to be related to CLX on wide screen with
possible other factors (MS Office?). Anyone have any ideas?

{smallsort}

Riki Wiki wrote:
On 2 Jun 2006 03:15:11 -0700, Bert wrote:

>Anyone have an ideas?

Hoi Bert

You need to repost your message on the Borland news server to make
everybody see it and possibly answer your message.

How to post to Delphi newsgroups:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>
Thanks Riki
Just reposted it.
Regards
Bert

Re:Button positioning problem

On 8 Jun 2006 01:30:06 -0700, Bert wrote:
Thanks Riki

Just reposted it.
Looks right on target this time.
Good luck, Riki Wiki