Kylix 3 on SUSE 10.2

2007-01-27 08:25:29 AM
kylix1
Was able to do the install and got no errors.
When I try to start kylix I get errors like:
expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
and an error giving the same complaint about
libpthread.so.
Has anyone been able to get Kylix 3 running on Suse 10.2 or
am I beating a dead horse?
Thanks in advance.

Re:Kylix 3 on SUSE 10.2

ben wrote:

Was able to do the install and got no errors.

When I try to start kylix I get errors like:
expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot

and an error giving the same complaint about
libpthread.so.

Has anyone been able to get Kylix 3 running on Suse 10.2 or
am I beating a dead horse?
Kylix3 cannot run on distros with glibc>= 2.4 !!

Re:Kylix 3 on SUSE 10.2

zeljko < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Kylix3 cannot run on distros with glibc>= 2.4 !!
Thanks for the info!

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix 3 on SUSE 10.2

Kylix3 cannot run on distros with glibc>= 2.4 !!
Is this really true?
I've found a HowTo on getting Kylix 3 to work under OpenSUSE 10
(www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html). I've tried to install Kylix as
described including the unofficial VCL-Patches under OpenSuSE 10.2 but
get the same error message (error while loading shared libraries:
libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file ...) when running the modified
version of startdelphi.
What irritates me is that the supposedly missing file is located in /lib!
--
Sincerely
Sven Jacobs

Re:Kylix 3 on SUSE 10.2

Sven Jacobs wrote:
>Kylix3 cannot run on distros with glibc>= 2.4 !!

Is this really true?
yes

I've found a HowTo on getting Kylix 3 to work under OpenSUSE 10
(www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html). I've tried to install Kylix as
described including the unofficial VCL-Patches under OpenSuSE 10.2 but
get the same error message (error while loading shared libraries:
libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file ...) when running the modified
version of startdelphi.

What irritates me is that the supposedly missing file is located in /lib!

I am less familiar with Suse. For Mandriva: latest working version is
Mandriva 2006. On Mandriva 2007 and upwards, you can use Xen or KVM
started in a console (no graphics or vnc) and via ssh X11 forwarding,
you can use Kylix as if it is running locally.

Re:Kylix 3 on SUSE 10.2