Kylix3, Apache 1.3.33 DSO with mod_ssl

2005-07-07 10:59:44 AM
kylix2
I'm trying to add mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.33 DSO's
Whenever I start / restart Apache, for all of my DSO's, I get the warnings:
[warn] Loaded DSO /home/phil/projects/xxx/bin/libxxx.so uses plain
Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)
I realize that this is just a warning and probably does no harm (??),
but I'm one of those "no hints, no warnings" kind of guys.
Does anyone know what this is about?
All I know is that the EAPI is used for the SSL interface. And I
suspect that it has something to do with how libhttpd.so was compiled.
Thanks for any help!

Re:Kylix3, Apache 1.3.33 DSO with mod_ssl

Ignore it or get the Apache2 units from the etoys package.
I have been using apache 1.x dsos for 4 years and never had a problem
even with that warning.
You don't get it(the warning) with apache2 DS0s though.
I just converted my stuff to apache2 and the only issue was with
request.remotehost
request.referer
which don't work and cause a AV, other than those two little issues
everything just worked.
Phil Henningsen wrote:
I'm trying to add mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.33 DSO's

Whenever I start / restart Apache, for all of my DSO's, I get the warnings:

[warn] Loaded DSO /home/phil/projects/xxx/bin/libxxx.so uses plain
Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)

I realize that this is just a warning and probably does no harm (??),
but I'm one of those "no hints, no warnings" kind of guys.

Does anyone know what this is about?

All I know is that the EAPI is used for the SSL interface. And I
suspect that it has something to do with how libhttpd.so was compiled.

Thanks for any help!

Re:Kylix3, Apache 1.3.33 DSO with mod_ssl

I remember having this problem a long time ago.
Think this got rid of it.
Configure apache with this:
./configure \
--with-layout=Apache \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-module=so \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
-
BR
Håvard Hovind

Phil Henningsen wrote:
>I'm trying to add mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.33 DSO's
>
>Whenever I start / restart Apache, for all of my DSO's, I get the warnings:
>
>[warn] Loaded DSO /home/phil/projects/xxx/bin/libxxx.so uses plain
>Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
>with -DEAPI)
>
>I realize that this is just a warning and probably does no harm (??),
>but I'm one of those "no hints, no warnings" kind of guys.
>
>Does anyone know what this is about?
>
>All I know is that the EAPI is used for the SSL interface. And I
>suspect that it has something to do with how libhttpd.so was compiled.
>
>Thanks for any help!

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix3, Apache 1.3.33 DSO with mod_ssl

HTTPD2 ships with Delphi7 (I'll check out etoys).
I'm afraid that I'm still mired in D6 and K3.
Do you know if HTTPD2 works with K3?
Thanks,
Phil