Re: problem to compile...

2004-01-10 10:34:49 AM
kylix2
Marc Collin wrote:
hi

with a user under kylix 3 (delphi) when i run a demo from /kylix/examples,
the compiler don't find the many file...

error like:
[Fatal Error] About.pas(28): Could not create output file 'About.dcu'
Try install Kylix as a user to the user space. Your Project
directory and Project files also should be in the same user space
and see if this helps

Re:Re: problem to compile...

hi
with a user under kylix 3 (delphi) when i run a demo from /kylix/examples,
the compiler don't find the many file...
error like:
[Fatal Error] About.pas(28): Could not create output file 'About.dcu'
it's a right problem surely because if i copy the projet to my home folder
tout fonctionne bien
i do:
chmod -R 775 examples
chgrp -R dev examples
my user is in dev group
any idea?

Re:Re: problem to compile...

Marc Collin wrote:
it's a right problem surely because if i copy the projet to my home folder
tout fonctionne bien

i do:

chmod -R 775 examples
chgrp -R dev examples

my user is in dev group
Well, if there are more users on the system in de dev group, that is the
method to follow. Otherwise they might run into each other in an unwanted
way.
--
Ruurd

{smallsort}

Re:Re: problem to compile...

jdtiede wrote:
I was having the same problem, and the chmod and chgrp fixed it. But now
after I compile (even the examples from MK2) the system locks when I try
to run, and I have to logout and back in again. I can't even run the
compiled versions of the examples; nothing happens then except "cannot run
binary file."
Did you check your paths?
--
Ruurd

Re:Re: problem to compile...

Marc Collin wrote:

>it's a right problem surely because if i copy the projet to my home folder
>tout fonctionne bien
>
>i do:
>
>chmod -R 775 examples
>chgrp -R dev examples
>
>my user is in dev group

Well, if there are more users on the system in de dev group, that is the
method to follow. Otherwise they might run into each other in an unwanted
way.

--

Ruurd
I was having the same problem, and the chmod and chgrp fixed it. But now
after I compile (even the examples from MK2) the system locks when I try
to run, and I have to logout and back in again. I can't even run the
compiled versions of the examples; nothing happens then except "cannot run
binary file."
Anyone but Bush in 2004!

Re:Re: problem to compile...

"cannot run binary file." Is this the EXACT message ?
Symptomatic of an "exec" issue in the target file system?
- if the exexutable is not produced:
-->"rights" problem: become root abd assign rights to the target user
- if the exexutable IS produced but can't be run:
-->be sure the executable has the x right for all
-->check /etc/fstab and explicitly assign <exec>to the file system
to which the executbles are produced
bye