New Unofficial VisualCLX patches version 3.3

2004-04-13 06:59:54 PM
kylix2
It is time for a new release of the Unofficial VisualCLX patches.
The last patch was released two months ago.
This time I started to document all patches. The patches that are
planned to be included in a new release are published on the homepage
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu) and could be discussed in the new forum.
When the release is out the accepted patches go to the patch archive.
In the archive you can browse through all available patches and see what
the patch does with the CLX files. The details view shows the inserted and
removed lines in different colors.
For the new patches in the new version 3.3 you can browse to
www.kylix-patch.de.vu/archive/index.php
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patches version 3.3

Thanks again for the patches!
QBindings.pas is a good idea too.
And the new Forum and and and ;-)
Cheers
Theo

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patches version 3.3

I really appreciate your efforts. However, why are you doing Borland's job?
Why don't you focus on Lazarus instead. Your contributions would be most
welcome.
Note to Borland: Andreas is more productive then all your Kylix and Delphi
developers combined. You might want to hire him before he gets frustrated
and leaves.
Note #2: Don't believe me about being the most productive? Andreas is the
*only* person who has released a Kylix or D7 patch in the past 2 years.

{smallsort}

Jeff Undercash wrote:
I really appreciate your efforts. However, why are you doing Borland's
job? Why don't you focus on Lazarus instead. Your contributions would
be most welcome.
I contributed to Lazarus, but I wanted the LCL to be compilable with
Delphi but they (the LCL team) didn't want that and so I stopped because
FreePascal does not have all features Delphi has (which I need).
--

"Jeff Undercash" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I really appreciate your efforts. However, why are you doing Borland's job?
Why don't you focus on Lazarus instead. Your contributions would be most
welcome.

Note to Borland: Andreas is more productive then all your Kylix and Delphi
developers combined. You might want to hire him before he gets frustrated
and leaves.

Note #2: Don't believe me about being the most productive? Andreas is the
*only* person who has released a Kylix or D7 patch in the past 2 years.

This is absolutely untrue in the case of D7. Not only have there been 7 updates on the kylix Developers page, but I alone have release 5 IBX patches during that time (all official), Ramesh has released several unofficial dbExpress updates and Steve T several patches on ActionManager/Bar.
Please in your zeal to congratulate Andreas, do not dismiss the
efforts of a great many other people.

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patches version 3.3

Factually it is correct that Borland released seven minor D7 updates however
I believe it is a misrepresentation to equate those with the substance of a
SERVICE PACK release. We are still waiting for D7 Service Pack 1. Andreas
(a highly skilled volunteer) is the only person to release anything near a
service pack type release for both D7 and Kylix. I'm suggesting here that
Borland should hire him!

Jeff Undercash wrote:
I'm suggesting here that Borland should hire him!
If they ever think about this they have to wait some years because I will
first finish studying that I started half a year ago.
--

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Jeff Undercash wrote:

>I really appreciate your efforts. However, why are you doing Borland's
>job? Why don't you focus on Lazarus instead. Your contributions would
>be most welcome.

I contributed to Lazarus, but I wanted the LCL to be compilable with
Delphi but they (the LCL team) didn't want that and so I stopped because
FreePascal does not have all features Delphi has (which I need).
What does freepascal lack in comparison to delphi?
Micha

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patches version 3.3

Besides dynamically loading packages, is there something else they
won't let you do? To me this shouldn't be a high priority with
everything else they need to do. I would love someone to help me
with a project to put together something like dbExpress for
Lazarus.
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Jeff Undercash wrote:

>I really appreciate your efforts. However, why are you doing Borland's
>job? Why don't you focus on Lazarus instead. Your contributions would
>be most welcome.

I contributed to Lazarus, but I wanted the LCL to be compilable with
Delphi but they (the LCL team) didn't want that and so I stopped because
FreePascal does not have all features Delphi has (which I need).

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

Re:New Unofficial VisualCLX patches version 3.3

Besides dynamically loading packages, is there something else they
won't let you do? To me this shouldn't be a high priority with
Variant support and interfaces are still not supported, only in development
but not working properly (at least a month ago), also requires some effort
from open source developers because some basic functions (formatfloat..) are
not implemented.